Bryant Evolution / Carrier Infinity Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlover View Post
    No, I've not done that. Literally, just copied the files from your ZIP over to my directory. Is there a list of instructions of other things I need to do?
    I added the proxy to the Bryant Connex thermostat, and made sure my proxy port was the same. Now at least, I have another tab in my plugin config, and I have devices created. Data just populated (about 30 minutes after changing the proxy). I don't seem to be able to set anything. Is that normal (ie not part of the plugin's purpose)?

What's the "Proxy Only" setting do? I'd still like to be able to use the native Bryant Evolution app on my iphone. Does this setting still pass the messages on to the Bryant servers? if so, which setting (on/off) does which? Or am I completely misinterpreting the setting and I to pick one or the other homeseer or Bryant?
    Last edited by dlover; July 24, 2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Does the current release have control over the heater?

Comment

This is what mine looks like like right now. Those settable items on the right don't seem to make any change.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yea I think it's still status only unless something has changed recently. I made a script, it's not clean but it's functional. Once this plugin is completed, I'd pay for it and use it.

Comment

At the moment the plugin is "read only", you can't use it to set the thermostat. I thought I had that working but then my thermostat downloaded a firmware update from Bryant and it stopped accepting updates from the plug in. That's what I'm trying to figure out now :-)

You can continue to use the iphone app, etc., with the plugin running. Configuring your thermostat to use a proxy doesn't change any of the other functionality. "Proxy only" mode causes the plugin to pass the messages between the thermostat and the myevolution servers without doing any other processing on them. Effectively it turns the plugin off. I only put that option there to help me capture logs to see what is going on. The biggest challenge in creating this plugin is that there is no documentation on how the thermostat and Bryant's servers communicate. I'm having to figure it out the hard way. The "proxy only" option will likely be removed later on.

If I can get this all working, I'm hoping to make the plugin available via the Homeseer Updater. I haven't decided whether or not to charge for it yet. Probably not but it would be good to cover the cost of a Homeseer developer license so possibly a small amount.

-David

Comment

David,
              Take a look at the infinitude info that I linked to. In that thread there is a lot of data on the protocol that may help. It is for Carrier, but I am pretty sure its all the same since its the same company building this stuff.

Not sure if you have already looked, but it's there. Github has a lot of data on it too.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                David,
                Take a look at the infinitude info that I linked to. In that thread there is a lot of data on the protocol that may help. It is for Carrier, but I am pretty sure its all the same since its the same company building this stuff.

Not sure if you have already looked, but it's there. Github has a lot of data on it too.

Hope that helps.
                Thanks! Great work on getting infinitude into Homeseer. I looked at infinitude way back and it has come on a lot since I last checked it out.

The good news is that the way infinitude controls the thermostat is the same as my plugin tries to and that helped me to track down what had gone wrong. It wasn't a firmware issue after all but rather something that I had inadvertently broken while tinkering with the code. I've got the plugin successfully controlling the thermostat again.

Give me a day or two and I'll post an updated plugin to try.

-David

Comment

Great to hear. I'd would love to help beta it. My script works, but it's not as clean as I'd like. And yes I'd be willing to pay for the plugin or at least donate depending on the route you go.

Comment

Same here. Definitely willing to pay for it. Again, the idea of having my Homeseer scripts setting the modes (ie away, sleeping, etc), is the big feature I'm looking for. I have no set schedule in my house. I have family in and out all day long. So that static nature of most "programmable" thermostats didn't save me any money. Nest was awesome because the motion detectors in the Nest Protects would tell the thermostat that no one was home and would put it into away mode. That did save me money. I can certainly replicate the basics of that with HomeSeer.

Comment

OK, it's taking me somewhat longer than I hoped so I thought I'd post an interim update (on the Library thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173068) just to whet appetites and to help steer the direction I go in.

This is still far from complete but I have now added the ability to change heat & cool setpoints and also to be able to control the operating mode from within HomeSeer. Right now, if you change a setpoint, the thermostat will switch to the manual profile and set the timer to one hour. I will make this configurable later on, possibly by adding a timer as a sub-device to the thermostat.

Please let me know how you get on with this release and I welcome comments on how to best further this plugin's functionality.

Support for multiple zones - I know! :-D

Cheers
                      -David

Comment

Does the operating mode change allow to change to fan only?

Comment

I just copied V0.0.0.5 into my HS3 folder, but it is still showing as V0.0.0.3 on the plug-in page. Is that to be expected? I installed it a couple of times (Disable plug-in, copy files, enable plug-in). I'm still not able to control the cooling set point from HS3, so I'm wondering what I've done wrong.

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
                            I just copied V0.0.0.5 into my HS3 folder, but it is still showing as V0.0.0.3 on the plug-in page. Is that to be expected? I installed it a couple of times (Disable plug-in, copy files, enable plug-in). I'm still not able to control the cooling set point from HS3, so I'm wondering what I've done wrong.

Thanks...
                            No, it should say V0.0.0.5. What is the timestamp of the .exe file?

-David

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                              Does the operating mode change allow to change to fan only?
                              It *should* but I confess that I only tested switching between cool and off.

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
                                No, it should say V0.0.0.5. What is the timestamp of the .exe file?

-David
                                The App in the zip file shows 7/27/2016 6:45 PM (122K, 42k compressed)
                                EDIT:
                                Okay - I got it now. Instead of disabling the plugin, I shut down HS3, deleted the old exe, and then installed 0.0.0.5. Now it shows the correct version#.
                                I've been having issues with staying connected to the MyInfinity if the proxy server is on (even with 0.0.0.5) WiFi icon on thermostat is red. If I turn proxy off, it reconnects, otherwise I see it connect once in a great while. The MyInfinity app is working okay with proxy off. (Will MyInfinity still work if I am running the proxy server?)

The plug-in created all the devices successfully. What about the "Proxy only" setting? Mine is off, is that correct?
                                Last edited by CJVann; July 28, 2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X