No announcement yet.

Bryant Evolution / Carrier Infinity Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would definitely support the development of this via API. Testing, etc. as well as paying for a working and supported plugin. The only thing I can't integrate into Homeseer efficiently right now is my Bryant system. It does work with Alexa but I would love it to be integrated into HS as well.

Comment

Originally posted by woody1961 View Post
      I applied for an development package from Carrier tonight. We'll see if they respond. I doubt I'll find much spare time to try and write a plugin, and certainly don't have the desire to maintain one. But if no one else does it I may try to coble something together this year over Christmas break.

Carrier has an open API, but it requires an OAuth2 token issued by Carrier to access it.

If any of the 'real' HomeSeer developers are interested in developing a plugin, info on their developer program is here: http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/101...openapi_gs.pdf

The API is documented here and except for the OAuth2 authentication, seems straightforward, returning JSON or XML responses:

https://openapi.ing.carrier.com/docs

Woody
      Any response from Carrier? I'm sure theres donations for writing the plug in sooner!

Comment

I'm sorry I have lost track of this topic I will have to read this over... I seem to believe that there is no official plugin for this.
        My suggestion is to notify Carrier that we need better control over this thermostat. Am I correct?

Comment

Well I lost Alexa control because of an incompatibility issue. Carrier and Amazon are working on this. A plugin for HS3 would be most welcome seeing how Amazon and Carrier cant get it right.

Well my firmware updates just stopped automatically updating on thermostat. The thermostat now works with Alexa but with limited control.
          Last edited by ttantalol; February 21, 2019, 07:18 PM. Reason: Figured out what happened

Comment

I just installed a Carrier Infinity unit and discovered that such a high functioning unit has so limited an interface to the real world. I am sorry that I do not have the skill sets to develop this interface, but am sure that the availabilility has a financial opportunity as Interfacing to the Infinity world is not only cumbersome but also limiting (especially when you cannot integrate it into a true "smarthome" environment).

Where does this plugin sit and where can I find outsome info on what it is capable of doing.

Is there anything that can be done to help make a full function interface work and be available?

On another note, is there a Google home interface?

Comment

Has everyone given up on this interface to the Bryant/Carrier system .. if not can I get an update as I want to support next steps for this product .. as what Carrier provides is very limited

Comment

I just bought a Bryant Evolution system and looking for a plug in if anyone knows of one. Thanks

Comment

Carrier infinity here and would not hesitate to pay for a plug in. That docker package infinitude works but is pretty fiddly. I’d so much rather use a proper HS implementation. Actually, I don’t even use infinitude bc it’s annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleRS View Post
                    I just bought a Bryant Evolution system and looking for a plug in if anyone knows of one. Thanks
                    Ditto. Also looking. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by wlh2 View Post
                      Carrier infinity here and would not hesitate to pay for a plug in. That docker package infinitude works but is pretty fiddly. I’d so much rather use a proper HS implementation. Actually, I don’t even use infinitude bc it’s annoying.
                      I never heard of infinitude? haha. Have to google it.

Comment

Nudge... I would pay for a Plugin too. I used to have Nest and the touchscreens would display the temp and I automated things based on the fan coming on. I need help. haha

Comment

Ditto +1

Comment

Bump

Originally posted by DaleRS View Post
                            Nudge... I would pay for a Plugin too. I used to have Nest and the touchscreens would display the temp and I automated things based on the fan coming on. I need help. haha

Comment

Looks as if everyone gave up.

Comment

I just had a Carrier Infinity installed and now trying to get access per the owner's manual "Your dealer can work with your home automation supplier (i.e. me) to see if the systems are compatible, or to see if the home automation supplier and make t hem compatible." My dealer seems to be old-school, but I am continuing to push.

Comment

Working...
                                X