Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 MQTT Plugin

Hi,

I created a MQTT plugin for Homeseer 3. The plugin can be found in the Homeseer updater in section Lighting & Primary Technology. The plugin is called 'MQTT'.

A pre-requisite is that you need to have a MQTT broker running in your network. I am using the Mosquitto MQTT broker on Debian linux. Note that the version shipped with debian (and ubuntu) is too old. Mosquitto 1.4.3 is proven to work.

See also the thread on the domoticaforum, http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=10525

Regards,
    Geert-Jan

This sounds interesting. Can you describe how this is used exactly? Perhaps an example with part numbers and software and some HS3 device screenshots?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Hi Geert-Jan

I've been playing with your plug-in. Works great so far. I'm on very early days with my MQTT journey (still learning about Node-Red, mosquitto, esp etc.) but your plug-in seems to do the job in terms of pulling data in to HS3.

Need to find a bit more time, but then I'll definitely be cooking up some esp based devices to use around the house.

Thanks for publishing the plug-in!
      Nicolai L

Comment

Ditto! Works great with mosquitto and some Wireless iBeacon Receivers.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I'm using v1.1.0.0 and I have a problem with a Pulse Counter I'm trying to setup. I'm probably doing something wrong, but perhaps someone can guide me in the right direction.

I'm using ESPEasy on the esp8266. I've set up a Pulse Counter and it comes with two values. Count and Total. For some reason the only one that it seems to publish is Count (which is fine).

I have set up a subscription in the plug-in to Count. I notice that when Count is updated to 1 from the esp then the PI will update the correct device in HS3. If Count then returns to 0 all is good and the HS3 device returns to 0.

However, if another pulse is generated shortly after the first, but before Count has reset to 0 then the broker will send the second 1 across to the PI, but the PI does not re-update the device in HS3. Obviously the value would be the same, but without updating at least the "Last Changed" field there is no way to know that the device has received a new count.

I will be using this as part of a water meter so I would need to be able to pick up on each individual Count coming through and update my internal counter.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better of setting this up that anyone can think of?
          Nicolai L

Comment

Tons of log messages

I am still waiting for the email so I can post on Domotica forum. Since I can't there....

My log is filling up with the below messages. I have five or six devices set to publish but that's it. Getting log messages for EVERYTHING.

"Error: Exception occured when publishing due to device value update. Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_MQTT.HS3MQTT.publish(String address, Int32 dvRef, Double value)
            Jul-03 7:48:02 PM MQTT Info: Publish. address= dvRef=467 (double) value=2947955
            Jul-03 7:48:02 PM MQTT Error: Exception occured when publishing due to device string update. Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_MQTT.HS3MQTT.publish(String address, Int32 dvRef, String value)
            Jul-03 7:48:02 PM MQTT Info: Publish. address= dvRef=467 (string) value=34:02:52:33
            Jul-03 7:48:01 PM MQTT Error: Exception occured when publishing due to device value update. Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_MQTT.HS3MQTT.publish(String address, Int32 dvRef, Double value)
            Jul-03 7:48:01 PM MQTT Info: Publish. address= dvRef=467 (double) value=2947953
            Jul-03 7:48:01 PM MQTT Error: Exception occured when publishing due to device string update. Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_MQTT.HS3MQTT.publish(String address, Int32 dvRef, String value)
            Jul-03 7:48:01 PM MQTT Info: Publish. address= dvRef=467 (string) value=34:02:52:32"

Comment

Great plugin! Works perfectly! However, I would like to make a request for a small modification. When you configure the plugin it only allows for an IP address. This is great until my IP address changes. I use this plugin in two locations. One being on my LAN and the other at a remote location connecting to the same broker. When my ISP changes IPs on me I loose the remote location until I enter a new IP in the config at the remote location. Can you please allow the plugin to use either IP or hostname?

Comment

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the HS children are not updating on new messages. The log is capturing them, but the HS children will not reflect the new data?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ServiceXp; February 21, 2017, 08:21 PM. Reason: Forgot the log entry
                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Anyone have any idea's why they are not updating?
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

You miss the / at start. That was my problem with a new device yesterday.

Try /ffcpotoprint/event/.......

Regards
                    Morten

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
                      You miss the / at start. That was my problem with a new device yesterday.

Try /ffcpotoprint/event/.......

Regards
                      Morten
                      Strange, I replied but it appears I forgot to hit the Submit button.. Anyway prefixing the topic with "/" as suggested didn't work. Actually broke it from ever picking up the message.

I think the 'problem' is related to the "Update value" and "Update string" option. Seems if I un-tic the Update value, I start getting updates, otherwise if both are ticked, I only receive some.

Is there a detail setup guide for this plug-in somewhere, explaining all the options?
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                        Strange, I replied but it appears I forgot to hit the Submit button.. Anyway prefixing the topic with "/" as suggested didn't work. Actually broke it from ever picking up the message.

I think the 'problem' is related to the "Update value" and "Update string" option. Seems if I un-tic the Update value, I start getting updates, otherwise if both are ticked, I only receive some.

Is there a detail setup guide for this plug-in somewhere, explaining all the options?
                        You may want to post here: https://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=10525 as the author is more active on that forum.

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks Al
                          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                          X