Hunter - Thanks for the Slide Show asp page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter - Thanks for the Slide Show asp page

Works great with my Audrey - and is Very user friendly!

Found it here: http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=7392940573

Thanks for all your efforts!

Patrick [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I have made a list of 15 or so things I've posted to one or the other script library before that I'll be reposting to the new library as I find time... this is one of them. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nucleus Home Automation
    News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Works Great!

I simply made one change to specify an actual sub folder (in my case slideshow).

' Find the current directory that this ASP is running from
      foldername = FSO.GetParentFolderName(request.ServerVariables("PATH_INFO") )
      foldername = foldername & "\slideshow\"

This way it only picks up the pics I want.

I have my Audrey arriving soon. Can't wait to start playing with it.

<hr>
      CyberA

Comment

I'm just a .ASP newbie, but I added the above to the slideshow.asp, and I think you also need to add this statement so it can run:

filenames(files) = "slideshow\" & file.name

Maybe something was just different on my setup, but it wouldn't run until I did that.

Thanks for the addition to Hunters excellent script.

Comment

The original ASP as I wrote it goes into the same directory as the pictures it displays -- thus keeping everything together, allowing complete independence of folder names, and allowing you to have multiple slideshows by simply having multiple folders. It's only because of moving the ASP out of the directory that you have to make all those changes to undo all that. However, there are at least two other slideshow ASPs available that already work that way, so it might be a step quicker to just use one of them.

Nucleus Home Automation
          News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Working...
          X