Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help - 300K limit on uploads to script library!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - 300K limit on uploads to script library!

I just posted about some updated scripts, then tried to upload the associated files. My zip was 333KB, just over the 300KB limit. What to do? Where can I upload the scripts?

Thanks,

Bret [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Could you break it up into two .zip files?

Comment

Can I ask what you are uploading that is over 300K? Is there a program included?

-Rich
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I thought about that, but the nature of the files makes them difficult. 2 are OCX's (one's 240KB zipped by itself!), there's regsvr32 to register them, an exe I wrote, and the 2 scripts...

How to balance the number of the files with ease of installation?

I vote for an area that has a high limit on the size (well, high for scripts, anyway). Maybe an upload size limit of 1MB?

Rgds,

Bret

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bret A. Schuhmacher:
          I just posted about some updated scripts, then tried to upload the associated files. My zip was 333KB, just over the 300KB limit. What to do? Where can I upload the scripts?

Thanks,

Bret [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FWIW, the two OCXs I'm including are only for support purposes and may not be needed for all installations (some/most people already have mci32.ocx and comctl32.ocx and regsvr32.exe, but for completeness sake, I included them in the distribution).

I'll see about splitting it up along different lines...

Rgds,

Bret

Comment

Could you change the title of your post to have the prefix of [script] so we can maintain a convention for each of the posted scripts. Thanks

-Rupp

Comment

Sorry, no :-(. You can't change anyhing about your posts in the script library after you post (or maybe it's a few minutes after you post). It gets locked down :-(

Sorry for breaking convention - it's my first upload and didn't know there *was* a convention. I'll pay more attention in the future :-).

Rgds,

Bret

Comment

No blame in not knowing how it works, none of us really is sure how it works yet, we're figuring it out as we go. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nucleus Home Automation
                News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Maybe it would let you delete the post, then you could repost with the [script]

Comment

You should be able to edit your posts. I reset the settings, please let me know if you cannot edit them. I also raised the upload limit to 400k.

HS includes the comctl OCX, so you don't need to include that one in your install.

-Rich

Comment

Working...
                    X