AudreySpeakBrowser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AudreySpeakBrowser?

I'm doggedly trying to get Michael's Audreyutilities to work on my Audrey. I have version 2.54. I have gotten part-way through the AudreyUtilitiesTest.txt, but it chokes on the following line:

AudreySpeakBrowser "kitchen", "Test", ""

with a type mismatch error.

I cannot find any reference to AudreySpeakBrowser in any of the files in the 2.54 zip file (except in the testing script).

I find AudreySpeak in the AudreyUtilities.inc, but no AudreySpeakBrowser.

What am I doing wrong here? Is there another package I need to add before this one?

Thanks

AudreySpeakBrowser was split off into AudreyUtilityExtensions when playsound_noph was introduced into the utilities. It was done to reduce the size of the file. This version of AudreySpeak uses the generic browser capability to play wav files and can be used with any browser, not just Audrey. While it is included to support generic development and legacy developments using the original versions of AudreyUtilities, new developed targeted to Audrey will be better served by AudreySpeak/AudreyWav as this provides better performance and less effort for the applications that use it.

To help you debug this specific problem I would like a copy of the audrey-applicable section of your homeseer.ini. First guess is that you do not have "kitchen" defined as an audrey name, but that is only a first guess.

I had written up something about the split up of audrey utilities into the two components. It probably was in an earlier readme where the split actually occurred. With the pointer to ..extensions.asp and the documentation in that file you should be able to get an idea what is going on. The extensions have a rather complex interface necessary to support hidden frame communication handshakes with audrey. They are still used with the JAVA LED Alarm clock, but I do not think I have any other applications that now use the original form of AudreySpeak and AudreyWav.

Comment

I think I found the problem.

I was doing the audreyutilitiestest.txt script, which did not call audreyutilityextensions.inc. I then modified the test.txt but found out that there was no AudreyUtilityExtensions.inc in the .zip file I had downloaded (V2.54). I took AudreyUtilityExtensions.asp from the /html/includes folder and modified it to look like a typical .inc, renamed it to AudreyUtilityExtensions.inc, and now it works.

Comment

Working...
      X