[T2W] My .wav's have an "s" appended to them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[T2W] My .wav's have an "s" appended to them

When I try to speak a message to Audrey from Michael's MessageCentral, the text is sent to T2W, and the Audrey successfully plays the .wav file. However, sometimes there is a stray "s" (pronounced as "ess") on the end after the main text has been spoken.

I sent the text phrase "What is the deal with the s on the end of the word?" as a test. I modified the .asp to do a hs.writelog of the text string, which came out as above. However, the .wav file has this phrase spoken by L&H Michelle, and "ess" on the end.
    Attached Files

I think it's something in t2w. I have no idea where to begin looking for it though. I checked t2w to make sure it wasn't extra junk at the end of the text to be spoken, but that seemed OK.

Sometimes mine says something like 'ray' instead of 'ess'.

Bholio

Comment

Sometimes I get "ess" and sometimes I get "arr" (and sometimes nothing!) . It seems like it is pronouncing individual letters. It's not in the string that the script is sending it. I wonder if it's a "buffer overflow" problem or somesuch.

Who wrote it, maybe we could ask them to troubleshoot for us... (Sorry, I'm at work and don't have access to the files)

Gayle

Comment

I wrote it. I'm pretty sure I checked for a buffer overflow problem. I'll post the source code if I can find it.

Bholio

Comment

OK,
          Try this one. I found a 'programmer 101' type error in the code. Wasn't passing a null-terminated string to TTS engine. I got hung up on the conversion from char to DBCS and missed this detail.

I can't recreate this at will, so I can't say for sure if this will fix the problem. However, it doesn't seem to crash.

Bholio
          Attached Files

Comment

I simply replaced the existing with the downloaded exe and it seems to work.

Thanks a lot for swatting that one so fast!

Gayle

Comment

Working...
            X