[script] [Flash 4] Ultra X-10 Controller Version 0.2 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[script] [Flash 4] Ultra X-10 Controller Version 0.2 Discussion

I can not seem to get the script (html/Flash) to work on my machine. I am running XP and have flash installed. I do get the palm pad on the screen, the sound effects as well as the flashing light saying that it is transmitting, however it will not control any devices. I have no entries in the HS log mentioning that it did anything, errors or not.

As far as looking at the code, it is just the html code to view the flash applet in the browser. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong here?

- "Home automation is no longer a thing of the future"
    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
    www.JohnWPB.com
    Created with LCARS

Running the much the same setup. Can't figure it out either.

-Dave-

Comment

Ultra,

Any chance on getting the flash source for this cool tool? (.FLA)

Bryan Nystrom
      Natara Software, Inc.

Comment

Are you guys loading the x10-controller.html through the HomeSeer web server?

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I am trying to access it via it's location in the directory if that is what you mean. I added a link via the HS generated main page and tried from there. This is probably 100% user error on my part.

-Dave-

Comment

Ultra,

Are you planning to post the Flash code? I'd love to work on some interfaces and play around with the code in flash!

Thanks
            Gary

Comment

Gary,

I'll "ASSume" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] that since Ultra never returned my personal email request for the Flash source, nore has he responded to either one of our online requests, that he is probably not willing to give out the source at this time.

I've got a pretty good idea what I need to do now to get my stuff to work, but I was just curious to see exactly how Ultra had done it.

Bryan Nystrom
              Natara Software, Inc.

Comment

I originally didn't want to share the source yet because of my request for Flash source on other projects were being ignored. Anyway, here is the flash source. It was written using Flash 5 with syntax that can be downgraded to flash 4 when saved as a flash 4 movie.

You can use this source under the following conditions:
                <LI>You provide some feedback on how to improve the ActionScript within this Flash source.
                <LI>You share the Flash source on HomeSeer projects you are working on based on this Flash source.
                <LI>You don't expect me to answer every questions posted related to the Flash source (I would hope others would answer them as well.)

Future Plans:
                <LI>I want to create a Flash based thermostat control that interfaces with the rcs_tx15b.thm script.
                <LI>If there are enough people with Flash, I would like to share the Flash source from day one to reduce the development time.

Mario J. Cascio,
                You are not allowed to download this source until you share your flash source with the HomeSeer community

There... I feel better...
                [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Attached Files
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultra....

Your efforts and contributions to the Homeseer community are much appreciated. I hope you get some good feedback and enhancements.

Bryan Nystrom
                  Natara Software, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                  X