[script] [Flash 4] Ultra X-10 Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[script] [Flash 4] Ultra X-10 Controller

Very Cool, I have been waiting for this!!

Looks like HS is entering Flash!!

Very slick when you change the house/unit code and the description changes with no latency!!!

Flash could be used to develope some very HS Interfaces e.g. you could set up a GUI to display the weather info which toggles on button click.

I noted a little latency after a button press and it would be nice to have visual feedback after a button press. I can't tell if the little red light flashes or not.

[This message was edited by DSteiNeuro on Saturday, 16 February 2002 at 03:57 PM.]
    Attached Files
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

This is really great stuff. I think this is where the future of the Audrey interface will be since you don't get a refresh with each push.

The big problem is customization. Does everyone have to buy a copy of flash to build there own web pages now?

How far are you going on this Ultra? Obviously this would be a very good way to make a complete set of control panels for HS, CDJ etc.

Comment

It appears to work well, but I am getting an error in the log:
      ~!~Info~!~ Script Error, File: D:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\x10-controller.vbs: 9:Subscript out of range: '[number: 16]' in line 66

Also, how do you edit the device descriptions?

Comment

I am glad you guys like this.

Version 0.2 is posted. It adds/fixes:
        <LI>Button sounds.
        <LI>LED flashes when button pressed.
        <LI>Button graphics cleaned up a little.
        <LI>Fixed error caused by using device codes greater than 16.

Let me know if you have any better button sounds. The wav should be less than 10k.

Regards,
        Ultrajones

[This message was edited by Ultrajones on Sunday, 17 February 2002 at 03:20 PM.]
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Braddock:
          It appears to work well, but I am getting an error in the log:
          ~!~Info~!~ Script Error, File: D:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\x10-controller.vbs: 9:Subscript out of range: '[number: 16]' in line 66

Also, how do you edit the device descriptions?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this error was caused by having device codes greater than 16 defined. I fixed this in the version just posed.

The device descriptions are based on what have defined in HomeSeer.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I love it!!! The speed is great! Please tell me, how can I do my own? This is just what Audrey needs!

Can you tell I'm excited? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

It works great, super work! It looks like this will start a whole new wave of interest in flash. Thanks!

Comment

Works great. Button clicks and red LCD blinks!!
                DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I have loaded everything as Ultra states, I can pull up the palm pad, press the buttons (with noise) but I can't get it to do anything. I know I am missing something, what the heck is it. I am running B28. Thanks for any help.

-Dave-

Comment

Dave, do you see any of your devices listed on the left labels?

Ultra, I really want to learn how to make my own pages using this method. I have a copy of Flash3, will that work?

Comment

No, I see blanks. I can adjust the wheel, see the light flash, etc, but cannot control anything. I am running XP Pro (fully reg) and have been running Beta 23 with no problems and just upgraded to Beta 28. Running IE 6.0 on the main and my audrey has the latest. Can't control from either.

-Dave-

Comment

Ultra X-10 is very kool! Thanks

How about a feature request?

A drop down list or somethiing so you could access the house codes quickly? I am using all the House Codes, and that would be a huge convenience!

Thanks for all the hard work!

Parker

Comment

Re: Feature Request

Personally, while I think the flash palm pad is a wonderful demonstration, I don't think it is a very good format for much more development. True, its an OK layout for a handheld device, but pretty bad for a touchscreen.

I'm sure that UltraJones has much more grand plans in mind, and judging from his previous work, this could be a really great project.

So what do you say Ultra? I've got my Flash 5 in hand and I'm willing to help build a set of control panels. I've only done a little flashing back with version 3, but I can relearn.

Comment

I had the same problem and then figured out that WINZIP had not extracted the x10-controller.VBS file. Make sure it is installed in the same directory as the html and flash files.

Comment

I inserted this into an asp file to get it to go along with all of my other stuff. It works(and looks) great with header and footer, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X