Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link "links.htm" to asp pages, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link "links.htm" to asp pages, possible?

Hi,

I made myself a custom links.htm file for custom URL, it works fine for normal Homeseer pages but not for the asp pages. So far, I have downloaded few ASP pages created by other members (UltraStatus, DeviceAdmin, and SecureLink) and I was hoping to alter the default link information on the ASP pages, but I'm not sure how it can be done. Better yet, can I somehow reference links.htm to the ASP?

Your help is much appreciated.

Simon

Since you are using Secure Links, you can set the parameter LINKFILEEXT to LINKFILEEXT="asp". You can then put a links.asp in the html directory and it will be included in place of links.htm. If you are using the security levels you can also create a links1.asp, links2.asp up to links10.asp. If the user has level 10 security, then links10.asp would be included. If you only want 1 links.asp file for everyone than just make a links.asp. Bear in mind that this will not be included in the HomeSeer generated pages.

Jeff Farmer

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

UltraStatus doesn't use includes so if you want your links.htm to show up on that page you'll have to edit ultra_status.asp.

For pages that use Jeff's includes - like Jeff said, set the parameter LINKFILEEXT. If you set it to "htm" it should pull in links.htm.

Paul

Comment

Thank you guys for the help, works like a charm. I changed the maininclude.asp for the links extension to "htm" instead of "asp". That picked up my links.htm no problem.

As for UltraStatus, I knew why it wasn't working. You know what I did, I put the text in the wrong spot:

instead of & "<a href=""hs/devicelist.asp"">Device List</a>"

I had it """hs/devicelist.asp"

Oh well, maybe it's time for a new pair of glasses after I spent all this time with Homeseer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again for your help,

Simon

Comment

I just found out I actually needed to make 2 link files. One for normal root html access, the other one for Device Admin since it's in one level deeper than html (i.e. html/hs) for all the links to work properly.

Now, is it possible to get the e-mail count update to update 2 files at the same time? I named the noraml link file as links.htm and the one for Device Admin as links.asp.

Here's the content of links.htm:

<!-- Start Contents of LINKS.HTM -->
          <p>
          <a href="">Start Page</a>
          | <a href="ultra_status.asp">Ultra Status</a>
          | <a href="hs/devicelist.asp">Device List</a>
          | <a href="tope">Events</a>
          | <a href="logs.asp">Log</a>
          | <a href="hs/devicepoll.asp">Poll Device</a>
          | <a href="setp">Setup</a>
          | <a href="mail">E-Mail </a>
          | <a href="vmail0">Voice Mail </a>
          | <a href="webhelp/homeseer.htm" target="_blank">Help</a>
          | <a href="logo">Log Out</a>
          </p>
          <!-- End Contents of LINKS.HTM -->

And here's the content of links.asp:

<p>
          <a href="../home.html">Start Page</a>
          | <a href="../ultra_status.asp">Ultra Status</a>
          | <a href="devicelist.asp">Device List</a>
          | <a href="../tope">Events</a>
          | <a href="../logs.asp">Log</a>
          | <a href="devicepoll.asp">Poll Device</a>
          | <a href="../setp">Setup</a>
          | <a href="../mail">E-Mail </a>
          | <a href="../vmail0">Voice Mail </a>
          | <a href="../webhelp/homeseer.htm" target="_blank">Help</a>
          | <a href="../logo">Log Out</a>
          </p>

I'm not sure if this is something easy to do but if it can't be done easily, it's not a big deal. Your help is much appreciated.

Simon

Comment

You don't really need the 2 versions. Put a leading "/" on each entry in links.htm:

<p>
            <a href="">Start Page</a>
            | <a href="/ultra_status.asp">Ultra Status</a>
            | <a href="/hs/devicelist.asp">Device List</a>
            | <a href="/tope">Events</a>
            | <a href="/logs.asp">Log</a>
            | <a href="/hs/devicepoll.asp">Poll Device</a>
            | <a href="/setp">Setup</a>
            | <a href="/mail">E-Mail </a>
            | <a href="/vmail0">Voice Mail </a>
            | <a href="/webhelp/homeseer.htm" target="_blank">Help</a>
            | <a href="/logo">Log Out</a>
            </p>

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

Yup, that works perfectly. Actually, can you explain the difference between ../ and /? My understand is that ../ means up one tree. But how does using / do both ways (up and down).

Thanks again for your help,

Simon

Comment

By putting the / on the front of the url it tells the server to go to the root directory and then work its way down the path using the rest of the url. So if you always start links and image srcs with the / you can go down into as many directories as you have and it will always know how to find its way to that item.

Jeff Farmer

--
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone
                My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,

Thank you very much for the information, much appreciated.

Simon

Comment

Working...
                  X