Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra's MBM5 scipt

Ultra,
    I installed your MBM script as directed, but I do not know how to find the output. How do I write the results to devices? I'm really new to this scripting, so pardon me for the elementary questions.

MBM5 is a great program if you have a motherboard that supports reporting these values.

Ok, have you found the location to setup MBM to output an XML file?

Right click on the MBM sys tray icon (small computer chip), then select settings from the popup menu.
    Select Interval Log, then check the Interval logging box, then select the XML option, you can select more than one if you have a need for multiple outputs.

Then it's easy from here, just select how often to log and click the small yellow folder to select the output location for the logs.

I've not converted to Ultra's MBM program, as CFGuy had put one together a year or so ago, but will give it a try. Keep us posted on your experience.

Comment

Yes, I have got that part and the log is there in XML. I just would like to know how to parse that info into something displaed on a HS page.

Comment

See this thread. It has the script file that is used to read the xml file. Simply set up a reoccurring event to run this script. http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=5882999193

-Rupp
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have already setup everything as Ultra has instructed, but would like to have this information available on an HS page(or devices in status view). If this is not readily available, I guess I will attempt to write something. I simply would like to be able to see the physical status of the HS Server box(or any of the other boxes that I run MBM5 on. Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Braddock,

This is the script I use, but I'll warn you CFGuy wrote it about 2 years ago. I'm not sure I remember exactly how it works, but maybe Jeff(CFGuy) will be able to chime in.

What little I do remember is that you need to have data in csv format, but here are a few lines from my file, but when you view it in MBM, it views in excel:
            Board Temp Internal CPU Temp CPU Core Core 1 3.3 5 12 -12 -5 CPU Fan PowerSupply LowerCase
            2/13/2002 11:30:19 PM 1479 MHz 86° F 86° F 122° F 1.86 V 0.10 V 3.38 V 4.97 V 12.59 V -13.97 V -5.51 V 7336 RPM 2122 RPM 0 RPM
            2/13/2002 11:20:19 PM 1479 MHz 84° F 84° F 122° F 1.86 V 0.10 V 3.38 V 4.97 V 12.59 V -13.85 V -5.39 V 7336 RPM 2096 RPM 0 RPM
            2/13/2002 11:10:19 PM 1479 MHz 84° F 84° F 120° F 1.86 V 0.10 V 3.38 V 4.95 V 12.59 V -14.55 V -4.40 V 7336 RPM 2083 RPM 0 RPM

You will also see some diff values for temps and icons are displayed. This is the code that will create the HS device.

Hope this helps, but it has worked well and I haven't messed with it. You can monitor 2 different computers, but you need two copies of the script.

Good Luck
            Mike
            Attached Files

Comment

Icons,

Attached find the 3 icons I use:
              Cold
              Normal
              Hot

Mike
              Attached Files

Comment

I modified the script to be able to update virtual devices with the reported status, and to make
                the speaking optional. Most of the changes were borrowed from the weather_report2 script.

A future update could be to choose the icon based on the status result

MBM5 update

Comment

Working...
                X