Help with MoviesInstall.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with MoviesInstall.txt

Can anyone help me? I am new to scripting and I am getting an error message in the event log when I try to run moviesinstall.txt script. The error is "object doesn't support this property or method: 'hsINI.InstallArray' in line 439" I am not sure if I have all the files in the appropriate directories. I think my homeseer.ini is ok I copy the movie.ini into it. I don’t know what I am doing wrong. I don't know it this makes a difference but I have vba6.dll in my system directory.

You can email your homeseer.ini and I can confirm it looks OK. Since no line number is given in the message you need to stick some hs.writelog "MoviesInstall","I'm at line xxx" into to moviesInstall script at some strategic points. Once you find the command that does not have the object, then we can figure out from where the object needs to be obtained. Common problems have been the windows script host from Microsoft which is a free download. Version 5 or later is needed. 5.6 is the current download. Old versions of IniTool have also presented problems. In any case make certain you download all the referenced required files in the bottom of the moviesReadme.txt

Comment

I have includ my Homeseer.ini for you to look at. Are there any file the is super crital for the instalation? Looking trough the readme file I noticed that many files are no longer needed, and the way the movie info is retrieved has change over time. How can I get it to run.

Comment

I cleaned up the .ini file. I suspect that the theater names you selected will not match the zip code. You need to lookup your theater id's from the txt file that is in the package. The installation is to download the files that are indicated as being required and run the install script. Debugging is as I described in the prior response.

Comment

In the original message it looks as if you have not downloaded the IniTool from the script library. It's URL is referenced in the readme.

Comment

I will check to be sure that I have all the correct files. I do have the Html\includes\initool.asp and the script\includes\initool.inc. Are the location fo these files are are this correct? What is the correct directory for the .asp files?

Thanks for your help!!

Comment

The IniTool.inc/asp are in the correct locations. The movies.asp & theater_list.asp go in the \HTML. Any vbs, .txt, .wsf files go in the \Scripts directory. IniTool had some revisions to support new features since it was originally posted. Make certain that you download the current version even if you have an earlier one on your computer. The install mode functions did not exist in the original iniTool posts and these are what is being used in the movies scripts.

Comment

Working...
              X