HAM Messages on DirecTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAM Messages on DirecTV

Cool! Using the HAM Client Linux Version I can actually display my HAM messages onto the TV screen via my RCA DirecTV receivers. It's pretty cool! However I suspect it would be primarily be for us up in the North where it is not illegal to run an emulation setup.

It’s great as I am mostly between my computer and the TV. This way I never miss a message. Now with the latest beta it got even better with messages being broadcast to MSN contacts. I can now get messages from work or where ever I might be.

If you’re a CAD and want to know more about my setup let me know.

Thanks CyberA

Thanks DSS!

I do know of others using the HAM Client (Linux) for this purpose. I have to admit I am one of them who use it for displaying message on the TV screen. And yes, it is pretty cool!

I actually have a beta HAM Server that sends HAM Messages to DirecTV receivers via the Low Speed Data port. This would be for true subscribers. The only difficulty so far is the amount of characters to be displayed, which does not exists in the emulation setup.

HAM - Home Automation Messenger

Comment

yes I am Cad and would like some more information on DSS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DSS:
      Cool! Using the HAM Client Linux Version I can actually display my HAM messages onto the TV screen via my RCA DirecTV receivers. It's pretty cool! However I suspect it would be primarily be for us up in the North where it is not illegal to run an emulation setup.

It’s great as I am mostly between my computer and the TV. This way I never miss a message. Now with the latest beta it got even better with messages being broadcast to MSN contacts. I can now get messages from work or where ever I might be.

If you’re a CAD and want to know more about my setup let me know.

Thanks CyberA<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

what all do you have going on with hs.
        ________
        Fr-v
        Last edited by Jerry Coleman; May 15, 2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

The HAM integration with DirecTV for Onscreen messages requires Pitou (Emulation Software). If you are using Pitou (Full Hard Drive version) I can forward you the script.

HAM - Home Automation Messenger

Comment

Working...
          X