advanced rf remote control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advanced rf remote control

I've been lurking for a while and just like to say great message board, thanks to all the contributors.

I had a question about an is it possible scenario.

I'd like to be able to pass a 4 digit number to winamp to choose that song number in it's playlist.
    I've been playing around with winampcom and don't see a problem from this end. However anyone how how to receive a number of x10 codes and then execute a script based on this?

One way would be to set up a particular house code to apply to WinAmp only, say "A" (otherwise your devices and lights will get activated all over the place!) Then you would key in your number on the RF remote, "2345". Make a script that is invoked by ANY press on that housecode.

The script will need to take the first unit code and put it in a system variable, then check to see if it has 4 digits in storage. If not, it terminates and waits for another "A" code. If yes, it invokes the WinAmp stuff. I don't know how you'll get a zero this way, though.

You'd probably need to put in a timer or recurring script to clear the variable if it doesn't get 4 digits in "X" minutes. Maybe you always start your sequence with a "A9", then the 4 digits. Then you could clear the variable buffer before you start.

Of course I haven't tried this, but it looks good on paper!

Comment

Working...
    X