ultra view icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ultra view icons

I am having trouble with this. I can only get the on.gif icon to appear. I am not getting error messages and it seems to work otherwise but I would like to get different icons for different devices. I have tried the UltraViewIcons setup and script but the only difference is that it shows different icons for 2 virtual devices and all the rest of my devices are the on.gif. all my devices have a status(none unknown) and I do not have weather or temp scripts running. It looks good and I had fun making the floorplans but I really would like to get this sorted. Thanks in advance

1. If you want custom icons to appear in Ultraview.. you must make sure that the hs.DeviceString for that device is set to the same name as you custom icon (minus the .gif extension).

2. When you send an ON to a device .. it automatically sets the hs.DeviceString to "ON" .. and as a result you will always get the "ON.gif" to show up for that device.

3. Having custom icons is neat ,,, but you must be prepared to invest some time in setting it up.

4. Sensors are particulalry encumbring .. for this reason you must have a script which is triggered by "ANY device status change". This script will look at all your devices and set the hs.devicestring to your custom value depending on wether they are on or off.

5. You can determine the status of a device with the "hs.ison" script function.

6. As an example: (script is not syntaxically correct) .. ( I just made up that word... lol)

if hs.ison "A2" then
    hs.DeviceString "A2", "sensoron"
    else
    hs.DeviceString "A2", "sensoroff"
    end if

This would deal with device "A2", and you must do this to all your devices whenever you get a device change. And the even must be triggered whenever a device changes.

You must create your sensoron.gif and sensoroff.gif and put them in your html folder.

7. The best way to do this is:

For motion sensors (which get "ON" commands and "Off" commands automatically)... you would be wise to have an event which is triggered by the change of any of your sensors.

8. For devices which are controlled by recurring devices, (ie: rotating cameras).. then you would be wise to set the hs.DeviceString right inside the recurring event script.

9. I believe Jim DooLittle has a motion detection script which "does a lot" ..(no pun intended) that would help you.

I hope this helps you understand the concept...

CK

[This message was edited by ck on Thursday, 04 April 2002 at 09:04 AM.]

Comment

CK is right. There is also a script somewhere on the board call HomeSeer_Status_Update that does this for you (Sorry not sure of author). If you can't find it let me know and I will post my modified version.

ChimpWare
      "Software so easy to use a monkey could do it..."

Comment

Chimpware,

Can you post that update file as I'm trying to get custom icons displayed in Ultraview but no luck so far. The problem is that I have a number of devices that change values dynamically such as space of hard drive. All I want is to be able to set a hard drive icon regardless of status.

Another problem is that I have CDJ - NowPlaying and it creates a few virtual devices. These cause the log to flood with icon file not found. Is there any way to filter them out?

Your help is much appreciated.

Simon

Comment

Here is the script to manage the hs.DeviceString based on changes in device status:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=6932940293

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultrajones,

Thanks for your reply. I have created a text file and copy and paste your codes but I get an error when I run it: 0 in line 0. I also add a line to startup.txt and restart Homeseer.

Simon

Comment

I finally managed to change icons for UltraView in ultra_view2_xml.vbs. I modified the section for:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> select case strDeviceType
              case "RCS TX15B Thermostat"

if strDeviceString = "" then
              strDeviceString = "Unknown"
              strDeviceIcon = "unknown.gif"
              else
              'Convert degree character to HTML degree
              strDeviceString = replace(strDeviceString, "°", "&#176;")
              'If default HomeSeer thermostat script is used, split on / to get temperature
              arrTemp = split(strDeviceString, "/")
              if IsBounded(arrTemp) then
              strDeviceIcon = BuildIcon(arrTemp(0))
              else
              strDeviceIcon = "unknown.gif"
              end if
              end if
              case "Web - HA Server [HD Space]"
              strDeviceIcon = "/hard_drive.gif"
              case "Domain Controller [HD Space]"
              strDeviceIcon = "/hard_drive.gif"
              case "Web - HA Server [MBM]"
              strDeviceIcon = "/unknown.gif"
              case "Virtual"
              strDeviceIcon = "/unknown.gif"
              </pre>

This will do the trick for me since I only need a fixed icon for hard drives and something similar. However, is it possible to define icon based on Device Name rather than Device Type?

I have a group of MBM Monitor modules for Homeseer server and the group name is called: Web - HA Server [MBM]. I'd rather have individual icon for fan speed and temperature.

I tried the following but it didn't work:

select case strDeviceName
              case "MBM FAN"
              strDeviceIcon = "/fan.gif"
              end select
              end select

Simon

Comment

Working...
              X