Includes... map of connections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Includes... map of connections?

Does anyone have a map of how all the includes are connected (header, footer, customheader, customfooter, style, etc)?

thanks

There is no one answer. I put the include files in the highest level application. I know Jake, in his NowPlaying daisy chains them with each level bringing in additional includes as required.

Comment

just which Includes have dependancies?
      the reason I ask is that I'm trying to extend header.asp and style.asp and not getting it to work.

Comment

Htfun,

ASP scripts are processed from top to bottom and definitions of functions, subs, and constants that live in separate script blocks (marked by the <% and %> tags), which the includes typically are, have to be seen by the script engine before they can be referenced. So the include for style.asp must appear before the include for header.asp since the formatcell function references the constants defined in style.asp. That's also why most of the includes on an asp page appear at the top.

Paul

Comment

Htfun,

What kind of extensions are you trying to add to header.asp? You might want to check in on this thread. Jeff Farmer and Jim Doolittle are working on a standard for the customheader functions and includes. If you want to add some extended functionality maybe you should coordinate with them.

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X