X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

movies.asp quit working on build 1.5.59

Here's the area in error:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    Script error: Type mismatch: 'cint' Hour = cint(mid(Stime,i,inStr(Stime,":")-i))

i = inStr(Stime,"AM")
    if i &lt;&gt; 0 Then
    if Hour &lt; 6 Then
    Hour = 11
    else
    Hour = 0
    end if

</pre>

Anyone else seeing this error?

Update: It appears that one of the movies on Excite.com has an incorrect start time of 0:00 and this was erroring on the cint line. A little on error resume next and its back on its feet.
    -Rupp

[This message was edited by Rupp on Sunday, 30 June 2002 at 09:40 PM.]
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Working ok here with b59. Proably the incorrect start time you pointed out.

I have noticed that the reviews haven't been working for some time.

For the most part I get Review not available. Works once in a while.

Maybe something with my Excite .ini settings??

Comment

I fixed the building of summary and review pages a couple months back but since nobody indicated they had a problem I did not post them. It is in the library now.

The wrapper changed so that movies.vbs script is now run in a separate process. I have most of my scripts that chew up some CPU cycles run independent of homeseer in a below_normal priority process. This is to assure a quick homeseer response for real time events.

If you do not like this model then you can extract the body and plug it into the structure that you currently have running.

I also included the support files that are referenced. Be careful with header.asp since it is not as current as ones posted by others in the library.

I did not see the line that was giving Rupp problems. I suspect it disappeared in one of the updates since his last install.

Comment

I'm trying to avoid all the seperate files approach. IMHO its too hard to maintain a file that has 2 and 3 includes as well as links to an ini file and database hooks just to view movie information. It's getting almost impossible to manage all the different inputs. When a script gets this hard to maintain I simply use www.excite.com and view my listings for my area.

-Rupp
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have built a new HA machine and transfered the scripts over from the old one. What do I have to run to get the registry keys needed. Here is the link to the movies page.

Movies

roger@netctc.net
          NETCTC.NET

Comment

Newer installations of Homeseer store their settings in an INI file instead of the registry. Try the includes from CFGuy's Secure Links. It's set up to read those settings from either.

Paul

Comment

Thanks for the link. That fixed the problems except for one. The menu doesn't display on either the Movies page page or the MSN Weather page. Just displays "no file" where the menu should be! I think I'm missing some other includes. I'll try and trace the code to see where it is going south. If anyone has a hint I would appreciate the help.

roger@netctc.net
              NETCTC.NET

Comment

Working...
              X