Tv IR script fixed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tv IR script fixed.

I fixed the IR script. The updated tv scripts can be found here.
    Digihouse
    Just go to the downloads page. A few people had modified this for a PVR. They needed the shows duration. It wasn't avalaible as part of the details any longer. The duration is still available in the IR script and saved to a global variable. I just used a different method to get it. The duration is in minutes.

Tom
    Digihouse

Commented out the includes stuff that I dont use, and nothing works......
    ' 'HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
    HomeSeer internal error
    File not found File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/includes/ini_functions.asp 'HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
    HomeSeer internal error
    File not found File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/includes/misc_functions.asp 'HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
    HomeSeer internal error
    File not found File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/includes/header.asp 'HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
    HomeSeer internal error
    File not found File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/includes/menu_functions.asp 'HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
    HomeSeer internal error
    File not found File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/includes/db_functions.asp '
    Script error: Type mismatch: 'CustomHeader4'Response.Send Cstr( CustomHeader4("TV Listings","Yes",0,""))

Skibum
    Skibumsplace

Comment

Everything worked fine before with the exception of being able to use the IR. Now nothing.....

Would love to see a version that did not rely on the includes...

Skibum
      Skibumsplace

[This message was edited by Skibum on Monday, 08 July 2002 at 08:48 PM.]

Comment

You may be able to use your old scripts and just replace the ir script. If you do want to use Jeff's includes. You don't have to install all the secure links files. The includes are available as a seperate download. They just need to be placed in the hs/html/includes folder. If you don't want the includes. You need to comment or delete the includes at the top of the asp pages. And most of the asp files has a line that calls CustomHeader and line that calls menurow that will need commented out. The only files that were changed were the IR script and the TV Makeup script. A friend fixed a bug in the tv makeup script.

Hope this helps
        Tom
        Digihouse

Comment

Thanks Tom. I did just that. Interesting thing is that I WAS using the includes with my old files, and they apparantly were working fine. Uploaded the new versions, and the includes gave me what I posted earlier. No matter as I am happy to get the listings back.

Is there more than one version of the oncludes floating about? (I have no ini_functions or misc_functions)

This becomes very confusing when there is no reliable place to get the necessary updates.

Skibum
          Skibumsplace

Comment

Includes.zip contains the latest set of includes. I am using header.asp, style.asp, and misc_functions.asp in almost all of my ASP pages. I use the charts.asp in my UltraLog web page.

For the TV ASP pages, I made changes to minimally use the includes (to maintain same look-and-feel as builtin web pages).

Changes
            -------[LIST]
            <LI>I removed references to all includes except header.asp, style.asp, misc_functions.asp, Page_Source.asp, file_functions.asp, and sort_functions.asp.
            <LI>I deleted all lines referring to menurrow
            <LI>I changed =customheader4( to =customheader( and deleted all parameters except the name string.

Sounds like a lot of work but it can be done in 5 minutes once you are sure what to do to not break the pages.

I am tempted to write a script that makes these changes automatically for those of us who do not use the custom menu stuff.

Jim Doolittle
            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
            My Hardware & Software

Comment

The latest includes are at:
              http://www.c-website.com/securelinks4.htm

Explanations on what the includes do are at:
              http://www.c-website.com/securelinks5.htm

I realize there has been a lot of confusion over the include files and I have been working with several others to come up with some include files that will work for everyone.

Currently the includes will work for any of Jims or My scripts. The one thing that has to be changed is the call to customheader. If you are using secure links then you need to have:
              customheader4(param1,param2,param3,param4)
              If you are not using secure links then change it to:
              customheader(param1)

Skibum,
              One thing to keep in mind. I have not found a way to comment out include files. You have to actually delete the line that calls the include.
              So even though you added the code that normally makes something a comment it was still looking for those files. Since you didn't have them it gave the error.

Jeff Farmer

--
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

That is what I found so puzzling.... no way to comment out include files....

Thanks for the info. I think I will try the latest includes, when I get a chance.

Skibum
                Skibumsplace

Comment

Tom
                  THere seems to be an issue with how you are arriving at record times. I tried to record Fraiser, which worked properly, then I tried to record Scrubs, it set the record time to 9:00 (off by 30 min) and no stop time.

Skibum
                  Skibumsplace

Comment

I "comment" out INCLUDE statements by replacing &lt;!--#Include with a single quote. Not very elegant but it allows you to add it back in more easily than trying to remember the entire line.

Jim Doolittle
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Or remove it? That'd make it even more obvious to a reader that it's a commented-out include.

Nucleus Home Automation
                      News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Skibum,
                        I've been testing but haven't been able to get the ir script to break yet. I'll keep trying. Let me know if it keeps giving you trouble.

Tom
                        Digihouse

Comment

Working...
                        X