Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to fix the weatherman.txt 36hour forcast problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone going to fix the weatherman.txt 36hour forcast problem?

Anyone going to fix the weatherman.txt script to read the 36 hour forcast?

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Mike,

If you haven't already done so, would you consider adding conversions for these compass headings?
    NNW WNW NNE ENE
    SSW WSW SSE ESE
    example
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    Playstring = Replace(Playstring, " WSW ", " West by SouthWest ",1,-1,0)
    </pre>
    I think it would sound better when speaking the wind directions.
    Otherwise, this is an excellent script. I love it and so does the family! It is set up to run when one presses a key on an X10 keypad in various rooms.
    Thank you for sharing!

-System Spec------
    ASUS A7V333ARU VIA KT333 MOTHERBOARD; AMD ATHLON XP PROCESSOR 2200+ (1800MHz); 1024MB DDR 333MHz DDRAM; ATI RAGE 128 CHIPSET 32MB W/ TV OUT VGA CARD; AHANIX PLATINUM XP SILVER/BLACK COLOR 9 DRIVE BAYS SPI 300W POWER SUPPLY TOOL-LESS PANELS ATX MID TOWER CASE; Win2K SP2 5Serial 1Parallel, Hawking Modem, Broadband &gt;Mediacomm, Phillips Audio, ATT Voices, HS/HSP, PhoneSwitch, 10/100 Ethernet, HouseLinc for IR, CM11A for X10
    -------------
    GenevaDude

Comment

Mike,

Would you consider adding alternative (remarked out) lines which can be used, which would also display the temperatures in Weatherman, and also allow Ultraview to function by correctly parsing the information.

Comment

All,

I just posted a new version of WM in the Original Message within the scripts forum.

I had noticed the NNW, and I think I fixed this.

I'm not sure I completely understand the UltraView interaction issue, but I might have helped without knowing.

I now allow the writing of a new INI file called WeatherData.ini. This file contains all the Weather Data, without any HTML, so you can use it in any way you would like. If this didn't fix the problem let me know.

Oh, by the way, I have a kind of work around for the 36 hour and will do some more additional work to make it configurable in the future.

Mike

[This message was edited by Mike Hunter on Wednesday, 17 July 2002 at 12:28 AM.]

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm not sure I completely understand the UltraView interaction issue, but I might have helped without knowing <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike, I think the ultraview problem was due to the use of the the degree sign i.e. ° in the weather script.

To fix the problem the ° sign should be removed and replaced with the text "Degrees"

Comment

Working...
          X