Ultraview parsing the XML data error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultraview parsing the XML data error

I guess i just have bad luck. This is my first try at setting up Ultraview2 and I not having any luck. I followed the instructions setting everything up, but when i run it i receive an error. It loads the floor plan, but then gives this message. "An error occured while parsing the XML data:"

Line no.: 106
    Character: 61
    Soure Text: <ICON X="96" Y="315" Z="0" FLOOR="1"><![CDATA(oklahomacity73
    Description: An invalid character was found in text content.

The below is cut out of the ultra_view2_xml.vbs with line 106 the first line.

call push(arrOutput, "<!ATTLIST ICON X CDATA#REQUIRED>")
    call push(arrOutput, "<!ATTLIST ICON Y CDATA#REQUIRED>")
    call push(arrOutput, "<!ATTLIST ICON Z CDATA#REQUIRED>")
    call push(arrOutput, "<!ATTLIST ICON FLOOR CDATA#REQUIRED>")
    call push(arrOutput, "<!ELEMENT NAME (#PCDATA)>")
    call push(arrOutput, "<!ELEMENT STRING (#PCDATA>")
    call push(arrOutput, "<!ELEMENT LOCATION(#PCDATA)>")
    call push(arrOutput, "<!ELEMENT TYPE (#PCDATA)>")

Any suggestions as what the problem is?

Thanks,

Terry Hickman

Your not alone. Most of us have had the exact same problem. I don't see it but I'll bet its a degree symbol causing the problem. As a temporary workaround try removing the degree symbol from the string that is being parsed.

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Terry,

I have a new release coming very soon. I have moved a lot of the code into includes so I can re-use it for other scripts I am planning. If you can wait till about Saturday, I should have it packaged and posted by then.

I will also look at properly converting the degree symbol (and other various characters) introduced by the weather and movie scripts.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I've also added a new option to WeatherMan that will allow the conversion of Deg symbol to "Degrees". I haven't posted this yet, as I was working on adding some additional items, but could send a copy of needed.

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X