Ultra Suite config error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra Suite config error

I have updated from UV2b7 to 2.08 via the new package in Ultra Suite. The config.htm file causes an IE 5.5 error "unterminated string constant in line 12 character 99" when loaded. A subsequent error indicates that "ToggleGrid" is an unknown function.

I have renamed the old UV2 files as UV207 (except the .cfg file), copied all the HomeSeer folder contents from the dist package to the HS directory to place the contained files in the appropriate folders, and replaced the CreateXMLdata section from the ultraview2_xml.vbs file to the new .inc file. I changed the generic floorplan names to my specific names, and adjusted the image size values. Other than that, nothing has been changed from the distribution package.

Suggestions from UltraJones or anyone else will be appreciated.

Michael

Fix has been posted.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

[This message was edited by Ultrajones on Thursday, 01 August 2002 at 06:47 PM.]
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

The below message is being displayed in when I try to start Ultra_View2. I have downloaded the latest version. It doesn't display any linkbar at all.

Script error: Type mismatch: 'lWebLinks'
      strHTML = CreateLinkBar()
      Response.Send strHTML

If i tell it to debug the script this is where is stops.

bRefreshing = False
      strFloor = document.all.floor.src
      iFloor = GetFloor(strFloor)

What have i done wrong!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you using?

If your running a version before 1.5.80, I want to send you an update to check if I can suppress that error for those people not using the minimum required version.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

It is version 1.5.81.

Thanks,

Terry Hickman

Comment

Open up the settings.ini file in the HomeSeer\Config directory. Do you have a value called gWebLinks? If so, what is the value?

I think it's choking on this line:

File: ultra_view2_html.inc
            <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
            lWebLinks = hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "gWebLinks", "none", "settings.ini")
            </pre>
            Try changing "none" to 0 (no quotes)
            lWebLinks = hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "gWebLinks", 0, "settings.ini")
            </pre>

Regards,
            Ultrajones

Comment

I didn't have any reference to the gWebLinks in the settings.ini file. After I changed the "none" to a 0 it worked [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img], but now i'm having the same problem with parsing the XML data. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

It is:

Line no.: 101
              Character: 34
              Sourec Text: &lt;STRING&gt;&lt;![CDATA[Oklahoma City85
              Description: An invalid character was found in the text content.

Is the the problem with the deg. symbol?

Thanks again,
              Terry Hickman

Comment

I know what needs to be done. I will add an option to pass all virtual devices through a parser to strip out characters that are not properly escaped.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Don't get me wrong I enjoy this (I think) but when I started HS I think I had Hair.
                  Well I updated to the new Ultra View2 Log Version 1.5.0 Combined files into UltraSuite 3.0.0.

And well HELP I must be going brain dead.
                  <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 8/4/2002 5:43:06 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: ultra_view2_log.txt: 58:File already exists in line 208 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  I can open the text file see all the entries but the database is not updated and I look at line 208 of the script and this is what line 208 shows in my editor <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 'Lets move it and have HomeSeer re-create a new one. Is there a better way??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BillC

Comment

Ultra,

I'm getting the same error as Terry. Different line and all, but like you said, it is an illegal charactor.

-System Spec------
                    ASUS A7V333ARU VIA KT333 MOTHERBOARD; AMD ATHLON XP PROCESSOR 2200+ (1800MHz); 1024MB DDR 333MHz DDRAM; ATI RAGE 128 CHIPSET 32MB W/ TV OUT VGA CARD; AHANIX PLATINUM XP SILVER/BLACK COLOR 9 DRIVE BAYS SPI 300W POWER SUPPLY TOOL-LESS PANELS ATX MID TOWER CASE; Win2K SP2 5Serial 1Parallel, Hawking Modem, Broadband &gt;Mediacomm, Phillips Audio, ATT Voices, HS/HSP, PhoneSwitch, 10/100 Ethernet, HouseLinc for IR, CM11A for X10
                    -------------
                    GenevaDude
                    Attached Files

Comment

After clearing the HS log and restarting the Ultra_view2_log all is working fine. Must have been line 208 in the log?

BillC

Comment

BILLC,

FIX: I added code to check if ah.tmp existed before trying to move ah.log to ah.tmp. My guess is you aborted the script before it was done processing your ah.log file, leaving ah.tmp.

'----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        'Purpose: Reads HomeSeer Log and returns log as a one demisional array
                        'Inputs: None
                        'Outputs: One dimensional array containing the HomeSeer log data
                        '----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        function GetLogData()

dim objFSO, objFile, objLog
                        dim strLog, strLogTemp
                        dim iCount
                        dim arrLog()

strLog = hs.GetAppPath & "\ah.log"
                        strLogTemp = hs.GetAppPath & "\ah.tmp"

'Create File System Object
                        Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

'Let's check the existance of strLog adn strLogTemp
                        if Not objFSO.FileExists(strLog) then
                        'Homeseer must not have written log yet, exit quietly...
                        exit function
                        elseif objFSO.FileExists(strLogTemp) then
                        hs.WriteLog "Ultra Log", "ah.tmp exists, unable to continue."
                        exit function
                        end if

'Get file handle
                        Set objLog = objFSO.GetFile(strLog)

'Move the file.
                        'Trying to make it so HomeSeer does not write to file while we are using it.
                        'Lets move it and have HomeSeer re-create a new one. Is there a better way???

objLog.Move (strLogTemp)

'Open File For Reading
                        Set objFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile(strLogTemp, OpenFileForReading)

'Lets test object, then build our array if not at end of file
                        if IsObject(objFile) then
                        do until objFile.AtEndOfStream
                        redim preserve arrLog(iCount)
                        arrLog(iCount) = objFile.ReadLine
                        iCount = iCount + 1
                        loop

'Close the file so we can delete it :-)
                        objFile.Close

'Delete Temp Log File
                        objFSO.DeleteFile(strLogTemp)
                        end if

GetLogData = arrLog

'Clean Up
                        set objLog = Nothing
                        set objFile = Nothing

end function
                        </pre>

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks
                          Long enough it ran 20 min. then I stoped it thought that was enough time at 1gig +512 mem.

Could you help I got Ultra View2 Status Version 1.2.0 up and running but for the life of me could not find out where to change the Icons directory? Had to place them in the HTML dir to get it to show, and I would like to maintain 1 icon dir.

Ultra View2 Log Version 1.5.0 is fantastic.

Wanted to switch Jim Doolittle's Guest book to use your Database as he states in his script <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>' User definable constants
                          Const bUseUltraLog = False
                          Const strDatabaseName = "HomeSeer.mdb"
                          Const strGuestBookFile = "guests.log" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should just change the FALSE to TRUE but that does not work.
                          Something has to be added to the HomeSeer.mdb but what? Help UltraJones / Jim Doolittle

BillC

Comment

Working...
                          X