JS_graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JS_graph

This is a good place to let me know about all my English spelling problems [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] , Script issues, or other improvement about the JS_graph script

Looks interesting, but I have no idea how to install or run this script. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Comment

HomeSeerLover, I hope my English instruction will bring you there...
      Unzip the ziped file. You will get 2 files:
      js_graph.1 , and js_graph.js
      Place both files in the homeseer/script directory
      To find out your homeseer directory: Click the Start button, move your mouse over 'Programs' to open a menu. Move your mouse over 'Homeseer'. RIGHT-click on the homeseer small house icon, and click 'Properties'. A popup will come with some info.Click on 'Find Target...' botton, and you are in your Homeseer directory.
      While you in homeseer directory, make sure you have a sub-directory name 'Temp'; If you don't, create one.

Cretae a new event in Homeseer, and setup the event to run the js_graph.js script.
      Click the 'Test' botton to run it.
      If you like it you can keep this event, if you hate it; delete this event and delete the 2 files you just installed.

Comment

hmmmmm

MSGBOX:
        Can't do it with no input

What input?

Skibum
        Skibumsplace

Comment

Skibum, when you running the script a input/setup screen should come up. It will look like the image below.
          You have to select a device you want to graph, You can enter some inputs too (or use the default)
          If you close this window, or not select any devices you should get the 'msgBox' you have got.
          Did you ever got this input/setup screen?
          Attached Files

Comment

No setup screen at all.

Skibum
            Skibumsplace

Comment

I looked around in the code and it was looking for a "Temp" directory. I created one off of the Homeseer directory. That seems to be the key. Also, you have to type in a number for the number of days. It won't use the default unless you overtype it.

At least that's what I found.

Nice script shprung.

Comment

Joe... what O/S are you using?

Can't seem to get it to run for me on XP.....

Skibum
                Skibumsplace

Comment

Windows 2000 Pro

Comment

I tried this on XPPro and am having the same problem as Skibum. I did create a temp directory under scripts.

SteveD

Comment

Steve..

Shprung is working with me for a solution....

Skibum
                      Skibumsplace

Comment

I was working with Skibum, but I think he is out, so here is what I have so far (maybe it the complete solution). It look like XP don't execute the script with the enviroment set to the home seer install directory as the base path while WIn2000 does. I modify the script to use absolute path so it should work now. (just load it again and try)
                        So far, Win200 is OK, XP is close to maybe, and I have no input from a Win98 people yet...
                        I wish Homeseer was on a Linux box with an Apache module

Comment

Ok it is working now with Win2K (it wasn't working before).

Shouldn't the temp directory go under html e.g.

hs/html/temp.

That way the page would be viewable from a web server in the HS web directory.

Comment

The Idea wasn't a web page, just a script you use with input screen (better than just a inputBox); and do it all in JScript.
                            Using the same code, someone can convert it to an asp but this script is not very fast, as it parse thruout the ah.log (and this one can get big over time)
                            Funny or not, my homeSeer came with that \temp direcoty, so I assume that all got it.
                            Maybe I have it because I installed homeSeerPhone too?!
                            If you wish, in the code, replace the 'temp' to 'html' and all should work the same, with the linking ability to see the end result page from the web.

Comment

I've now loaded the updated script on XP Pro and get the popup dialog box for the devices but when I select the motion sensors (about 8) and take the default settings of 600 width and 14 days, I get the voice indicating it is reading the log. The output files in the temp directory shows the legend for the devices but no graphical info.

The html file is attached.

BTW I am running DOO LOGS which will clear out the ah.log file every 30 mins and move it into an Access database but the log file does have entries in when I am running the script.

Dave
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X