No announcement yet.

JS_graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't aware that another script will kill the log, but that probably OK, if it is moving it to a database. This just create the problem of you have to have doo_motion install first in order to use the JS_graph and I don't thing my JS_graph offer as much as the doo_motion.
    Anyhow, lets assume you do have a log (or can you slow down the log-delete for lets say one every few hours).
    in The temp directory I am creating 'my database'; a simplified log. Check if you have got some thing in this file.
    Looking at the post from Joe W, it look like my default values are not allways working [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Try entring something else (like 2 days, 550px)
    Last, can you email me the database file so I can try to add an input to use it or to use the ah.log; you can email it as an attachment (the email is in my profile).

Comment

Shprung,

I have attached a subset of the database used to hold the event log. The main script is Ultra Jones's Ultra Log script ( available in the scripts forum)which exports the ah.log into an access database then purges the ah.log file. The doo logs script is an addon to Ultra Log script which allows reporting on the database from a web page.

The attached zip file contains about 1500 records in the table 'tblLog'. Based on the recommendations by Ultra Jones, I run the script to clear down ah.log every 20 minutes.

Regards

Dave
      Attached Files

Comment

The big part of this project was to show how to code JScript-scripts for homeseer.
        So, the database chalange was actually a very good idea. I killed few hours, with your file (I had to install access, and IIS on a box ...) but now it here for all.
        I updated the zip file, and the screen shut of the input box (roll up to see it)
        Give it a try and let me know if it pick up the data from your db.
        If you enter the PATH to your db file, it will first go thru that db and then will keep looking at the real time ah.log so the data is a complete set.
        If you want to hard code your db file so you don't need to enter it again and again. Edit the file 'js_graph.1' (it is the input box html page)
        fix the line <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">&lt;input type=file name=log...</pre> to include the value, like this" <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">&lt;input type=file name=log value='your-db-file-complete-path'...</pre>

Comment

Working...
        X