HSTouch Boolean element?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

StatusTrackingNormal > Use Status Image in the HSTouch element properties uses the device images configured on the Status Tracking tab of the HS3 device.

edit: typo & clarity
    So what's this for then??
    Because it takes the "active" image from there, just not the "inactive".

Correction, it takes all images from there on the desktop client, just not the Android client.
    Last edited by Demusman; May 20, 2019, 01:22 PM. Reason: Correction about desktop

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post

Because it takes the "active" image from there, just not the "inactive".

Correction, it takes all images from there on the desktop client, just not the Android client.
      I'd forgotten they could be overridden in that way. Looking back at one of my projects I see that I've used it but haven't run into the issue you're describing. In my case I'm overriding some buttons with on/off images from the Blue Neon skin graphics folder and they're working as expected. Sorry that's not any help.
      -Wade

Comment

Waiting for a reply from Homeseer support. They're saying it might be the plugin which I find hard to believe but it is doing the same thing with any device I use in the Omni plugin so maybe they're right.

Comment

Demusman I decided to make some planned updates to a project I use regularly and used the status image feature partially to try and help diagnose your issue. Interestingly, I replicated the issue on a remote-attached (MyHS) windows client. But it turns out the problem was fleeting and self-corrected so may or may not be the same thing you're seeing. In my case it may have been been a deployment problem. As background, I run Designer on a PC at home on the same LAN as my HS3 server and on a remote work PC via MyHS with all HSTouch folders synced between the two PCs using OneDrive. I made changes to the project last evening on my home PC and deployed to a windows client on the same PC without issue. This morning I opened Designer at work and attempted to deploy to a remote windows client (tablet sitting on my desk--not on the PC running Designer) and the deploy failed...connection issue. I tried again and it appeared to deploy successfully, but lo and behold, I was seeing the same symptoms you described: several devices (HS3 virtual devices representing room occupancy in my case) showed the image correctly for one state (vacant, or value '0') but no image at all for the other state (occupied, or value '1'). As if the image didn't get deployed at all. I restarted the windows client and redeployed...same problem. I restarted Designer and rebooted the tablet and redeployed, and boom! now they're working. My sense is it's a partially failed deployment, but I can't be 100% sure and no idea why, either. But it only happened on the Touch client connected via MyHS and was seeing evidence of deployment/connection issues at the time.

FWIW, I don't use the Omni plugin so it had nothing to do with that. I don't have an android client handy to test so I've not tried that yet.
          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
            Demusman I decided to make some planned updates to a project I use regularly and used the status image feature partially to try and help diagnose your issue.
            Impressive effort.

FWIW, I don't use the Omni plugin so it had nothing to do with that. I don't have an android client handy to test so I've not tried that yet.
            I don't use Omni either, but I have done numerous tests on my Android clients (Fire HD8 and Nexus 7, all on my local LAN) and I cannot reproduce the problem using status tracking normal and images from the status/graphics association in HS.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I use this feature occasionally to override the status image for specific screens. Usually it's to replace the 'Off' image with a blank image, so the screen area shows only the background unless the device is on. (Example picture.)

The only time that doesn't work for me is if HSTouch cannot deploy the image because the path has an error in it. Once deployed, the image appears to be cached by the device. When the failure to deploy occurs, however, I get a warning by way of the deploy log, indicating that the designer could not locate the image file.

Are you being presented with that log when you deploy your project?

Click image for larger version

Name:	override.PNG
Views:	217
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1306323

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

An example of my log warning when Designer cannot find a file to deploy.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                  An example of my log warning when Designer cannot find a file to deploy.
                  Well shucks. If I'd known this log existed I'd have checked it after each deploy attempt. Looks like it's overwritten with each deployment so nothing there but the last one, which threw no errors.
                  -Wade

Comment

The only time I see the log is if there was an error. Then it opens on top of the Designer. Otherwise it stays out of the way. I'd guess your logs have been clear of errors.

Comment

No log being displayed but one thing I do notice, and it may be normal, is when deploying to Android, I get 0 as client version. Is that normal?

Been working with support, once I told them I connect remotely through a VPN it was "Sorry, the VPN is the issue, we can't help you." lol
                      Typical, they seem to have missed the part where I told them i connect over a VPN and Direct WIFI. I told them not to try that and to fix their problem.

Comment

I've said this before but I have to say it again... If I'm using HS Touch, shouldn't the images be coming from the "SKINS" folder in the HSTouch directory and not from Homeseer itself?? That's where they are assigned from.
                        If I am understanding you correctly, I think what you are wanting to use is a combination of the Status Tracking and the Status Images Editor.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hstouchMenu.PNG Views:	0 Size:	9.4 KB ID:	1306462
                        First select the device in the status Tracking.

Click image for larger version  Name:	deviceStatus.png Views:	0 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	1306463
                        Ignore the image and just select the device you want to track.
                        Click OK and when the window closes select the Status Images from the side menu.

This window will open

Click image for larger version  Name:	deviceImages.PNG Views:	0 Size:	19.4 KB ID:	1306464
                        Click on the Add button. It will add Item 0 in the left window. In the right side window select the image you want to use in your HStouch skin folder. Select MatchValue and in Value enter the number value you want to use the image for. You can also enter a range. Click Add again and you will get a second StatusImage that you can then select the next image you want to use and enter the value from the device that will use the image. You can continue to add on the left window for as many different images you want to use.

This will let you use images different from the ones on the HS server, but unless you have different projects for phone vs tablets, you are going to get the same images on both.

This works on android devices as that is all I have for normal use. The only time I use the windows client is when I am testing the HSTouch pages as I work on them.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone
                        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Yes, I know that's how it should work because that's what I'm doing. Except I'm only getting one of the images on the Android client.

Comment

I figured it out. For some reason when using custom images they have to be the exact size and don't resize like using the "imageNormal" and "ImagePressed" elements.

Comment

Working...
                            X