Dynamic Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Menu

Can I put the coding for a menu in the style sheet so it appears on all pages? Or is there somewhere else it shouuld go? It isn't a horizontal bar, its a slide out sidebar menu.

MeSteve - I presume that you want to install a custom JavaScript menu on your site? If so and without seeing the menu, this needs to be called by each page every time it's loaded, so you would have to include the .js file within each of your html/asp pages and not within the style sheet. You do not have all the menu code in your pages but just a reference to your menu's JavaScript file.

for example

HTML Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript1.2" src="menu/txpmenu1.js"></script>
    <SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2 src="menu/txpmenu1.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2 src="menu/txpmenu1.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

The above is the code I use to call my menu, so I do not have to have a large peice of code within my html.

I'm just guessing as to this as there is not a lot of information within your post, I would however not know how to add this to the pages that HS creates on the fly, but would guess at some sort of framed page to get around this.

Hope this help in some way.

Lance
    Last edited by lancenorton; November 22, 2004, 06:15 PM.
    Lance

Comment

To modify HomeSeer generated web pages you can add or modify the following pages.

Meta.htm - is in the head section of a page. Useful for adding javascripts
      Head.htm - Right above the logo bar.
      Links.htm - Right below the logo bar.
      Tail.htm - Bottom of the page.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What about in HS 2.0?

I've been thinking about giving my HS webpages a complete overhaul, but have been holding off for 2.0.

Rupp,
        Any idea if the types of functionality you mentioned in the above post will carry over to 2.0?

Should I dive into it or wait...???

Thanks
        Doug W

Comment

Doug,
          If i remember correctly Rick stated that they will still use the same web server but I could be wrong. I would post this as another question and see if HS.0 will still use the afore mentioned files.

Comment

Q:
            Can remove logo bar?

Comment

OK, so I use a meta.html or head.html and just put the reference in that, thanks all

Droop:
              And there was just a post on removing the bar, you have to go into the .ini I belive and look for .logobar or #logobar and make it display:none. I know its not a lot of help, but it should get you looking in the right place until someone more knowledgable jumps in.

Comment

meSteve ,
                Close but the file is the style.css not an ini file.

Comment

Oh, OK, I guess its in the style sheet, not a settings file

Comment

Working...
                  X