Help with web server 404 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with web server 404 error

I am just migrating to HS from Ocelot / Cmax. Things were going very well. I created events for everything i needed. I pulled the old code out of CMAX, and tested the HS events, let them run a day, they worked great.

I tested the web page, again, worked as advertised. I opened port 80 on my external firewall and pointed it to the IP reserved for my PC. again all fine. Using VNC, I was able to take the console of a PC across town and use my HS site from there. All good, right?

This morning I get the following from the browser on the machine running HS: "Page can not be found." I checked the log, and it says: "Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\"

Here is what I tried:
    • Looked in that directory, there are files
    • Reloaded homeseer using the repair feature
    • Searched the message board for 404, found close but not exact help
    • Though I don't use the touch pad, those pages are serving and work.
    Seems like index.html is missing, but I dont know what to put there for it. Any ideas how I get the webserver portion back short of blowing the whole installation away and realoading?

Thanks Paul
    Paul

Paul,
    The default web page that HS servers is called stat. First thing to try is click on the world icon on the HS GUI and see if you get the stat page. Are you being prompted for your HS password?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp-

No, I noticed the problem when I clicked the world icon this morning. It had been working. Then it stopped today. It opens a blank browswer window trying to open http://localhost. Taking what you just taught me, I added ''/stat" to that to get "http://localhost/stat" and I am able to see my page. (It will not prompt me for password because I have passwords disabled on my local subnet).

When I try to access from the internet, I get prompted for my account and password. I type that in, and the I get the same message, "Page can not be found"

I take this to mean that some configuration in Homeseer, whatever tells it to go to localhost, is goofed up. Maybe a registry entry?

Thanks a lot for the quick reply

Paul
      Paul

Comment

Have you changed any of the options on the web sever tab? Do you have page 1 displays before status page checked in the advanced options?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Doh!

That was it. Loose nut behind the keyboard. Thanks Rupp.

Paul
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X