Web Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Errors

I'm in the process of setting up my system to operate remotely via the internet. Using a friend to access my system we have worked out the setup procedure for the Homeseer program, my Zone Alarm trusted zones, the setup of my router and determining all the IP stuff. For most part it seems to work OK now except when my friend tests the system by turning lights on or off in my house those commands that show up in the log are intermixed with error messages and it makes a mess of the log.

"Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html/favicon.ico"

What causes this and how can I stop it?

Hi,
    I've seen that error when using Firefox instead of Internet explorer.
    Stuart

Comment

I get that same error every time I connect with Avant Browser. I never have any trouble controlling anything, just get that error in the log after I log in.

Matt

Comment

I get the message and I'm using IE 6. Is it that there are missing .gif files in the html folder???

Just a SWAG

Gunny Molvak Sends

Comment

Guys,
          This icon is usedto provide a small user configurable icon in the address bar where the url is located instead of that e that IE puts there. Add this to your HS HTML directory and it should solve your error and your may see the icon in the front of the URL. It works very inconsistently in IE.
          Attached Files
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,
            Thanks, that fixed the problem,
            Larry

Comment

Working...
            X