Video software for Pocket PC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video software for Pocket PC.

Does anybody know any software to view video (from IP cameras) for Pocket PC? I want to customize my webpage for PPC but Pocket PCs don't support activex controls, so I can't access the video images. Thus, I need a special software for that.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Daniel.

What does the pocket pc support in the way of web pages? Does it support java applets or java scripts in a web page?
    Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

I ditched PocketIE for NetFront. It also comes with a Java Virtual Machine (PIE does not).

http://nfppc.access.co.jp/english/

Tony

Comment

I too used netfront and it is a far superior browser to PIE.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Wow! I like NetFront. Download I found was 2003. No upgrades? Tabbed display is nice. PIE sucks when it comes to working with multiple URLs. For that matter, IE is not much better.

I have a Dell Axim X50V and have not tested a video feed yet but it should look really good. I managed do download and watcha 30MB clip of Monty Python's "I Hate Spam" and it looked and sounded great!
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

Ok, I've tryed NetFront and it seems not to accept images from the Axis server. I think I have no more choice than the Axis Camera Explorer software

Thank you very much,

Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Doolittle
              For that matter, IE is not much better.
              Jim, download advant browser, it should solve all of your IE tabless problems and it's free. If you HAVE to use IE for something this is the way to go, it uses the IE engine 100% compatibility, but add nice features like tabbed browsing to it.

http://www.avantbrowser.com/

I don't have any experience with pocket pc's yet, but thats one of my next plans, I too would like to stream video to one.

A few years back I saw on tech tv the moxi media center streaming video from live tv over wireless to the PPC, I was pretty impressed. Too bad a cable company bought them up and you have to have that cable company as a provider.

When are they going to make a windows media center plugin for PPC to control and stream from your media center server?
              Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

http://store.niveusmedia.com/s.nl/sc...it.A/id.541/.f

it doesn't stream TO the pocket pc, but gives you full control over MCE!

As for the AXIS cameras, I would just use something like Active Webcam,which can access the webcams, and then stream it as a WMV stream, so you can use Windows Media Player to watch the feed.
                HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                (aka xplosiv)
                Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

After looking at your link, I did another search and found this one

http://www.rudeo.com/mce.htm

"Also play Videos or Recorded TV - New in Version 1.7 !!"

I wonder if it's streaming the video or has to download the whole thing first.

hmmm... I've got a Dell Axim x50v on the way. I guess I'm going to have to try a few things out.
                  Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Don't know about pocket PC's but I use Microsofts Windows Media Player on my mobile phone. It came with the Smartphone Instalation CD along with Outlook.
                    sigpic
                    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

zimmer62,

Took a look at the links you provided. I didn't see an Avant browser for PPC. I don't have MCE yet but when I do, I definitely plan on being able to control it with PPC.

Right now the only HA think I am doing with my PPC is control via NetRemote/hsGirder which in itself is quite powerful. Maybe I can find a video streaming plug-in for NetRemote?
                      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                      My Hardware & Software

Comment

If the axis cam can supply single jpg frames via a url, then a simple javascript page might be somewhat functional if javascript is supported. If the below test page video updates in a ppc, then it would probably work with an axis cam. The servo preset buttons and the cam select buttons don't work now as a pan/tilt cam isn't connected nor is the parallel port switcher, but the video should update.

http://zoomkat.d2g.com:88/cam2.htm
                        Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Doolittle
                          zimmer62,
                          Took a look at the links you provided. I didn't see an Avant browser for PPC.
                          Sorry I didn't mean to confuse you, I figured you were talking about IE for PC since you said "For that matter, IE is not much better" Advant browser is for PC not PPC sorry once again.
                          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

zoomkat, I tried this on the X50v using IE and didn't have any luck. I'm going to try and download netfront later today and test it again.

Originally posted by zoomkat
                            Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Try this

http://www.pockettv.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X