Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggering a device (guest access)

Hi,

Being the darned sociable guy I am I want to set up a lamp in my living room that my friends can control from the web interface when they want to talk to me on MSN...

As far as I can see I need to set up an event and allow guest access to it. But I then need to permit guests to view events which I don't really want to do.

Can't I just allow them access to the On/Off control buttons on the status page? Just for the one device?

If not, how can I achieve this simple task?

TIA,

David.

The easiest way would be to create an asp page to trigger the event. This way they just browse to the page and click on either on of off for example.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OK, you lost me...

An ASP page? Seen it written down but never really understood it!!

How do I start writing an ASP page?

Comment

Here is an excellent started page. Drop this in to your hs/html directory and call it via a web browser. Like http://localhost:81/beginner.asp

You will want to edit the events to trigger in the asp file using notpad. Then give it a whirl.
        Attached Files
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You the man! Thanks Rupp... Fastest tech support ever.

Cheers

David

Comment

Working...
          X