Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different Skins for the web interface???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where did u get the info to do it all? just from the HS docs?

Comment

Gog's is partially correct. You can change the style via the style sheets, and the headers and footers of the "built-in" web pages but not the content. Knowing you were a web developer I assumed you wanted an entirely different layout.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
        Gog's is partially correct. You can change the style via the style sheets, and the headers and footers of the "built-in" web pages but not the content. Knowing you were a web developer I assumed you wanted an entirely different layout.
        Hay Rupp, I was going down the line of extracting the imformation from HS using, say an asp page and
        Code:
        response.write hs.deviceString ("W32")
        <%response.write hs.deviceString ("W32")%>type commands to create your own web page. I appreciate that the above command will display verbatum the device string W32, however, you can through HS control what that string is. No?

If the person writing the page has Web Desing skills, and patience, or is just lucky, then, in theory anything could be acheived. No?

I await, with patience, to be shot down in flames.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by NeverEnough
          where did u get the info to do it all? just from the HS docs?
          Erm, whom are you addressing this question to?
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs
            Erm, whom are you addressing this question to?
            you re this
            I am just starting to alter my HS web server to my likes, still got a long way to go, but yes, you can do a lot, especially if you are a web designer and used to creating web pages
            tho I am a developer, not designer. I do code. I can use photoshop to an extent.

Comment

I had my own web design business for awhile and do alot of ASP and php sites...as well as graphics. Once i get my stuff up and running, i will try and work on a nice layout

Comment

Working...
              X