no asp code in head.htm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no asp code in head.htm?

Hmm, I was wanting to put the HS version and uptime at the top of all of my pages. This code works fine in a stand-alon asp page, but not in head.htm - I guess HS does not process head htm as asp even though it appears to to do for the rest of the page?
    PHP Code:
    <%
    response.write "<div class='menutitle' align=left>HOMESEER VERSION: " &hs.Version &", SYSTEM UPTIME: " &hs.SystemUptime
    %> 
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

I believe HS processes pages from its extension so it will not process the asp. That said, I asked Rich if he could implement asp processing on the links.htm page. The answer was that they had tried but could not get it working, so I doubt that it would work in the head either.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon - by the way - your IPUpdate script saved my butt recently when my office started blocking my dynamic dns service, now I use the script's ftp feature and it works like a charm!
      John
      Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
      Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Great!

Its something you can set and forget!
        Jon

Comment

John,

You may be able to redirect to an asp page from your head.htm to get the info you need. I know it works for links.htm but haven't tested it with the head.htm. See Rupp's reply in the following thread for details:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=100406

-Phil

Comment

I tried that when Rupp posted this but the re-direct never worked for me. Perhaps its time for a re-visit.

I had a thought about this last night and there is another way!

Because the head is right at the top, you could use iframes which would not cause a problem with menus etc.

The code would look something like:

head.htm
            PHP Code:
            <html>
            <
            center>
            <
            iframe height='20' width='100%' border='0' frameborder='0' framespacing='0' src='headinfo.asp'></iframe>
            </
            html
            The information could then be placed in headinfo.asp
            PHP Code:
            <html>
            <
            head>
            <
            STYLE TYPE="text/css">
            <!-- 
            body {margin0;} -->
            </
            STYLE>
            </
            head>
            <%
            response.write "<div class='menutitle' align=left>HOMESEER VERSION: " &hs.Version &", SYSTEM UPTIME: " &hs.SystemUptime "</div>"
            %>
            </
            html
            Not tested and you would need to do some tweaking with sizes, colours etc.
            Jon

Comment

Jon, I had though of the same thing while driving to work this morning (two days after you posted it, but I rarely read the forums on weekends). I'll give 'er a try - there's no reason it shouldn't work!
              John

Comment

Works!
                Last edited by jrfuda; January 9, 2006, 12:15 PM.
                John

Comment

Working...
                X