Web Control Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Control Not Working

I have searched and not found this exact problem anywhere.

I am using Homeseer 1.7, and my web control page has suddenly stopped working.
    I can bring up the page in the browser, but when I click a device button on the right to turn a light on or off, there is no response and the status of the device does not change either. The webserver is obviously running since I can access the page at home from work, but it just won't respond to inputs. The Homeseer box has been running well for months and I haven't upgraded anything recently. All other inputs via x10, RF, or direct input on the Homeseer app respond fine. Just the web control is broken.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    JJ

Have you tried a reboot?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes. Not a noob here. (although noob to the forum)

I have tried a reinstall over the top of the old program as well, and it still doesn't work. I don't want to do an uninstall and reinstall due to the plugin/script work I would have to recreate. And before resorting to that was wondering if anyone had any ideas of a possible "easy fix".

JJ

Comment

Sorry but I had to ask. If this is on an XP machine make sure one of the latest updates didn't turn on the XP firewall and if it did make sure the web interface is allowed. Also if you run any type of software fire wall make sure this is allowing the HS web server to serve.

Comment

I have had the fun of accidently bumping the interface and it was still plugged in but one side not connected. Took a while to find that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
            Sorry but I had to ask. If this is on an XP machine make sure one of the latest updates didn't turn on the XP firewall and if it did make sure the web interface is allowed. Also if you run any type of software fire wall make sure this is allowing the HS web server to serve.
            Yup. Looked at that. Firewall off. It is odd. The page serves up fine, but none of the buttons/commands result in any changes. It totally ignores any button pushes. It doesn't matter if I am viewing the portal on the host machine or remotely. It is like the commands aren't being sent despite pushing the buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
              Yup. Looked at that. Firewall off. It is odd. The page serves up fine, but none of the buttons/commands result in any changes. It totally ignores any button pushes. It doesn't matter if I am viewing the portal on the host machine or remotely. It is like the commands aren't being sent despite pushing the buttons.

I would try doing a repair on your HS installation via the add/remove option.

Comment

I did that as well and that didn't work. I think I figured it out. The user that I was logging into the webpage as was set as "Normal" permissions. It seems that when I set that to "Admin" it has now started to work. I haven't messed with that setting recently, so I don't understand how it would have been changed. I would have assumed that "Normal" would have been used for normal use such as turning lights on and off.

Oh well, at least it works now. Thanks for looking at all this!

JJ

Comment

Working...
                X