Where are you???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you???

I had my Web Server running at one time. Somewhere along the line things went south. After alot of changes I now can access my Lynksys router from work. Needless to say I don't need to be there. I've setup port forwarding but still can't get to HS. From my LAN I can access HS without a hitch. Where do I go in the depths of the router setup to find my error
    Thanks
    Dave Everson

Here's a sticky on the Web Interface forum. This should get you going.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=94076
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I finally got around to reading that post. I had everything set up at one time. But I was using a different router. I called my DSL provider and worked with them checking and eliminating the router and he was able to access HS. I rehooked the router and called Linksys. I was told my router required a 2-99 IP. I changed it and still am not able to access with the router hooked up. I'm kind of lost from here. If anybody has a clue about a WRT54G router feel free to throw out some ideas.
      Thanks
      Dave

Comment

I think that's what mine is.
        Did you go to the setup for the router-Applications and Gaming tab-Port Range Forwarding tab-Under application, put in HS-then the port HS is using-Choose the Protocol-enter the IP address of the machine HS is on-check Enabled.

Tim
        FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

How are you trying to access your webpages, localhost, internal IP or by your external IP address? A lot of routers will not let you access your internal LAN from the external IP if you are already inside the LAN. If your ISP was able to get to your page then your router is setup right. If you post an address here, these fine folks will test your page at yor request. One thing to note, unless you have a valid reason to have external control of your router, you should turn off the ability to log onto it from the WAN.

Comment

Port forwarding info for most routers/modems/switches

www.portforward.com

Comment

What port?

Are you sure you forwarded the correct port?

HS will use port 80 by default, but if you are using another webserver it will move to port 81. Or you may have reconfigured it yourself.

Verify what port HS is on and make sure you can connect to it internally using this port. Then double check that this is the port you are forwarding.

Another thing to look at is to verify you are forwarding to the correct internal IP address. If you are using DHCP this shouldn't be an issue. But if you use a static port for your internal machines and somehow changed the address, you may be forwarding to the wrong port.

gk

Comment

Thanks to all of you. I think I/you fixed my problem. The Portforward website was the ticket. Now I can show off again!!!
                Dave

Comment

Working...
                X