Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DynDns cancelled account for timeout

Anyone seen this before?

I think maybe my Cox internet didn't get a new address for 35 days.

How could I solve this, do any of the other dynamic hosting sites allow a longer timeout period?

Quote:

This hostname deletion is due to an idle timeout on all Dynamic DNS
    hostnames; they are deleted after 35 days without updates. We are sending
    you this notification to avoid confusion about the deletion of your host,
    and to let you re-create the host at your earliest convenience. Hosts with
    static IP addresses should be in the Static DNS system, which does not have
    a 35 day timeout.

You want a program like DYNASITE which updates your IP if it changes or if it stays the same will "force an update" to your dyndns and keep it alive

TrOjAn

Comment

I'm trying to setup Jon's IPUpdate... hopefully I can get that to work.

I like low/no maintenance stuff.

thanks for the suggestion

Comment

I use no-ip.com

Been using it for almost 5 years and never had a problem. Their little program sends an update to their servers whenever my IP changes. Normally within 5 minutes or less.

I have .net, .org, .com for 20 different names and the cost was only $12 one time charge for unlimited number of names.

It works for me.

Comment

No-IP does the same thing. If you have the same IP address for more than 90 days they delete your hostname and reissue it to someone else.

Comment

I use dyndns for 2 dynamic servers - they send me emails every month telling me I have to "touch" my hostname to keep it from expiring. I simply log on and keep all settings the same and save it. It has worked for me for over 2 years this way.

Comment

Most new Linksys routers provide this feature without having to install a separate program on your system.

Just an FYI,
              -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
              HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

The newest version of HomeSeer can grab your WanIP address and with a bit of quick scripting you could have HomeSeer store this IPaddress in a virtual device and check to see if it has changed and if it has send you an email.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hey Rupp

How does HS do that? and by newest, what build are you referring to?
                  (curiosity only. I don't need this feature)

Thanks

Comment

The newest being HS 2.2 beta and they do it by sending a post to a sever at HomeSeer.com (I believe).

Comment

lol... OK... thought they had some kind of magic they were doing locally or they were using STUN.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                        The newest being HS 2.2 beta and they do it by sending a post to a sever at HomeSeer.com (I believe).
                        I can comfirm that it going to HomeSeer, But not HomeSeer.com or Board.homeseer.com. or ftp.HomeSeer.com.

Looks like a new server that HS is using, that the page says still under construction. Hmmmm

Found it how about seerw.homeseer.com

-Zap
                        Last edited by zap; September 18, 2006, 03:19 PM.
                        -Mike-

-Home automation powered by the wind and sun-
                        Zotac 9300g-Q9400s-4gb ram-Intel 120 SSD-MS XP
                        HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts
                        W2c,Ztroller,z-wave+18,Q100D's,Silex 3000gb
                        Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 on top of Xenserve
                        Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Zotac D525 atom

Comment

Where ever it goes it's a nice service and a quick script can now be written to keep your ipaddress up to date.

Comment

Hasn't happened to any of my names.

Originally posted by danes75
                            No-IP does the same thing. If you have the same IP address for more than 90 days they delete your hostname and reissue it to someone else.
                            That might be true for the FREE version but I have an unlimited version and have never been deleted. There have been many times that the IP has not changed for more than 90 days. In fact, the current IP address has been valid for almost 5 months.

The difference between the free (up to 5 names) and the unlimited ( no limit on the number of names) was a one time charge of $12. That might have changed but I haven't checked back to their site for over a year.

Comment

I would rather have it done automatically

Originally posted by Rupp
                              The newest version of HomeSeer can grab your WanIP address and with a bit of quick scripting you could have HomeSeer store this IPaddress in a virtual device and check to see if it has changed and if it has send you an email.
                              Don't check emails very often and need to have the IP updated ASAP.

I have three machines that all have the monitor program and the first one that discovers the change, sends the update.

Then again, for me, a single purpose program that talks directly to the no-ip servers is preferred to having to script a routine in HS. The utility automatically updates the pointers while scripting might be sensitive to any site screen changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X