System lock up when updating web user details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System lock up when updating web user details

Everytime I go to the Web Users setup page, change something and press save or just leave the page, CPU gets to 100% and server stop responsing.

Tried to delete user.cfg, restore to default and try again, same result.

Tried another PC with HS2 trial installed, it works perfectly.

Tried to copy the updated user.cfg to the running system then the server become "unregistered".

Help...

What version of HS are you running? Is the user.cfg file marked read only? I would try doing a repair on the HS install and see if that will help. The reason it became unregistered is because you installed it on more than one machine. Just put in a help request and they can reset your license.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

File not write protected. Tried repair install, but it still lock up everytime I change anything in web users page.

Strange thing is this only happens on web user page. All other pages are working normally.

Registration is ok once I re-entered the registration code.

Comment

Are you running the english language version of your OS?

Comment

No. I am running Chinese (Traditional) version WindowsXP.

Is that a killer? I don't have the same problem on the old PC where I test run HS2...

Comment

Just tried to re-install HS2 on old PC, load it with a backup config and tried to update web user information - no luck, PC got lock up.

Desperately need help...

Comment

Originally posted by beliewong
              Just tried to re-install HS2 on old PC, load it with a backup config and tried to update web user information - no luck, PC got lock up.

Desperately need help...
              HomeSeer will not work on this version of windows.

Comment

Working...
              X