iPhone for HS version 0.20 is released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
    This is a very nice application and works really great! One way it could be improved would be to add the ability to configure what devices are displayed and the order in which they are displayed. It is not clear to me what controls the order of the listed devices. When "all" is selected, the devices are listed in alphabetical order. But when a sub group is chosen, the devices appear to be random.

Since I have over 100 devices, I prefer to limit my choices.

Steve Q
    If you are not already using the HS property "location2", then you can easily reach this goal!

I created an HS location2 called "iphone" and added that to only the devices I want to get on my iphone.

Then you need to edit line 998 in the file iphone.asp. This line is orignally:

if (opt_showhidden = "yes" or (dev.misc and &H20) = 0) and (lcase(dev.location) = thisroom or thisroom = "all") then

you need to change this to

if (opt_showhidden = "yes" or (dev.misc and &H20) = 0) and (lcase(dev.location) = thisroom or thisroom = "all") and (lcase(dev.location2)="iphone") then

Good luck!

Comment

Great app - thank you for making the effort to tailor to the iphone.

One problem for me. I have many (>100) devices controlled by a lutron which homeseer manages perfectly through the excellent homeworks plugin.

when i try and switch one of these on or off from the iphone app, i get this log message (note i enabled the debugging line before the one which gets the error):

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>26/01/2009 11:06:17 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>TRACE </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Rover doing a plugin button: hs.RunEx(HomeWorksOn,,)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>26/01/2009 11:06:17 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Running script: File not found: HomeWorksOn</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>26/01/2009 11:06:17 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iPhone </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device action: executed the On function for the Family Room Wall Lights at [45 from simon at 82.132.136.205</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

what is the app trying to do? is there some on/off routine needed to operate plugin controlled devices and if so, what is the name and what is the format of the call (it doesnt look as if there is a tidy means to tell it what device to operate even if such a routine existed).

Simon

Comment

What happened to the download link? I really want to try this. Anyone know where I can download it now?

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=38
          Jon

Comment

Thanks.
            BT

Comment

IP adress locked with iPhone App

Hi all,

The iPhone app is great. I have one problem with it. Within my local network it workes great. However, when working with it when I am on the road, after a few clicks in the app, I get an error message. Looking at the HS log files, it tells me that the IP adress is locked.

I already found out, that it has something to do with the webusers user rights. When I use a user with local rights, the iPhone app workes ok. When using a user without local rights, the error message appears after a few clicks. Even when working within my local network.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                Go to the following post for some additional information about an app for the iPhone:

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?...ndpost&p=94812

You will find this app at iTunes/iStore by searching "H@me".

Steve Q
                Is there an HS plug-in that will enable this app to control HS?

Comment

iTouch

Just tried link at blog and it no work. Has app dissappeared? Is there a newer version than from Fall of 2008?

Comment

Originally posted by vegascat View Post
                    Just tried link at blog and it no work. Has app dissappeared? Is there a newer version than from Fall of 2008?
                    I was asking about the iPhone store H@me app. If you're looking for the HS web page plug in, look for iphone.zip on the 2nd or 3rd page of this thread. It's here and works (default installation path does not match current HS version).

Comment

Originally posted by AdamH View Post
                      Is there an HS plug-in that will enable this app to control HS?
                      To my knowledge - no. HST are writing a native application for use with HSTouch but with no release date published. Other than that there are several web based solutions.
                      Jon

Comment

Why not a browser?

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        How will a native app communincate back to HomeSeer? If it's via a web connection then why would you need a native app rather than a web app?
                        So that you are using the iPhone API and it operates like an iPhone APP.
                        Last edited by IanSmithCA; June 2nd, 2009, 05:13 PM. Reason: no subject

Comment

Working...
                        X