iPhone for HS version 0.20 is released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site gone

The file was hosted at razz.com, owned by Tom Pepper, who also created the software we are looking for. The web archive shows the site was last seen on the internet around Dec 2007 - since then no web server has been recorded at that address. Probably a good bet the site is not coming back, and the file link is dead.

Hopefully someone who has the file will re-share it here....

Thanks,

d

Comment

Yes yes. Give us the download.

Comment

Go to the following post for some additional information about an app for the iPhone:

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?...ndpost&p=94812

You will find this app at iTunes/iStore by searching "H@me".

Steve Q
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

iPhone app for Homeseer

It looks great - another free native iPhone app for interfacing with home automaton systems. I really hope we see something like that for Homeseer at some point soon.

I know Apple has always been the dark side to true PC/Microsoft fans and of course Homeseer is a Microsoft based product. I have long considered myself a PC person, and mostly still do. I don't like the swarmy, condescending attitude Apple often displays - like in the "I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" commercials - although I admit some of them are pretty funny - and accurate. Apple is not much better at many things, as demonstrated by the massive FAIL related to the iPhone 3G rollout. Its not so easy to keep that "uber cool" experience when you start working in huge numbers of systems like Microsoft long has, and as Apple has found out the hard way.

I think it would be a mistake though to stick to party lines in this case. Foget the PC/Mac war - the iPhone is a truly a computer in your pocket and works pretty darn well for many, many tasks. Today I use Rover over the iPhone web browser and easily control my Homeseer system in a way I never could before from the web....from anywhere.

The experience is fine, but not very attractive and doesn't take advantage of the better web interface options that the iPhone has to make the experience easy. Thats what the missing software we are all looking for did - it put iPhone lipstick on the Rover face to Homeseer. And that alone could be a huge selling point for Homeseer.

Apple is cleaning up in the pocket internet world with tremendous sales and Homeseer needs to recognize and exploit that huge market of mobile browsers now - while the interest is fresh. Its a new untapped market of the very people who would find home automation cool and interesting.

Right now though, they don't even know Homeseer exists - the other automation systems with apps in the app store are getting the free attention.

Just my 2 cents...

d

Comment

I think the question now raised in this thread is "what happened to the iPhone/Homeseer app that Bob Wonderhut originally posted?"

It seems to have disappeared!

Steve Q
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
              It seems to have disappeared!
              Steve Q
              A bit like some posts from this thread!
              Jon

Comment

Indeed .... I wouldn't have thought that the powers that be see an iPhone application as competitive as they don't have such a solution... and the original poster/application seems to have gone AWOL so I am not sure why...

I haven't received a moderator email/pm either.... ???

K

Comment

Here is the I-Phone Application. "Forced" - I tried to email it to you and your Comcast email bounced it back. It worked OK on my HTC Kaiser. I am looking forward to the new HTC Rafael. Google has written an OS (Linux) for HTC and it looks impressive. Personally started as a Palm phone person (Treo) then eventually drifted over to MS. While the newest version of Windows Mobile 6.1 has Vista touches it seems to have become somewhat bloated. It does everything though that I want and its impressive. The IPhone (along with IPod etc) is OK but really not for me and never has been.
                  Attached Files
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Here is the I-Phone Application. "Forced" - I tried to email it to you and your Comcast email bounced it back. It worked OK on my HTC Kaiser. I am looking forward to the new HTC Rafael. Google has written an OS (Linux) for HTC and it looks impressive. Personally started as a Palm phone person (Treo) then eventually drifted over to MS. While the newest version of Windows Mobile 6.1 has Vista touches it seems to have become somewhat bloated. It does everything though that I want and its impressive. The IPhone (along with IPod etc) is OK but really not for me and never has been.
                    Thank you!

I'll give it a look see...But I already gave up on finding this and figured out Jon00 Control (Touchscreen) Works really well. Very configurable. Just takes a bit of patience to figure it out and one could create a really cool custom control surface for the iPhone! I already have a basic setup running!

PEACE
                    i

Comment

Is this running on the iPhone with the new 2.X OS???

Comment

Originally posted by JB-dallas View Post
                        Is this running on the iPhone with the new 2.X OS???
                        Doesn't run on the iPhone. It gets installed into Homeseer and you point MobileSafari on your iPhone at it. All of the installation info is still available in the first post.

Comment

Thanks

Pete, many thanks!

Sorry about the bounce back - the address I sent you was a gmail address, wasn't it? I wonder why that would bounce something back? Comcast should not have been involved - would you mind sending me the bounce message in a PM here - I may have a mail setup problem.

I started as a Palm person too, back with the VII - tired of carrying two devices over time. I have never been an Apple person - never - but the iPhone fit my requirement of features and function, even if the lack of cut and paste is the most stupid omission in tech history. I find it a pretty handy pocket device.

I have a Windows Mobile device too and agree the bloat is starting to show like in many Microsoft products - hate that because I am very Microsoft centric and yet they are losing me to better products in the market. With Bill out of the day to day maybe things will turn, but I am not too hopeful - all things considered.

Thanks again for your efforts to share the file - can't wait to try it out!

d

Originally posted by Pete View Post

Comment

back

sorry kids - the company that owned the server the download lived on went *poof*

blog is updated with the new location.

http://iphoneforhs.blogspot.com

cheers,
                            -t

Comment

Best,
                              Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Can trigger events...but not devices

So I've been using the itouch for HS for a few days. Its works fine triggering events which then control devices OK. However...I can't get any of my devices to work directly from this app. I get the following error msg in the log below. The response on the iTouch is "No visible devices are in this location." Any suggestions appreciated! Its otherwise GREAT!!!!

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/16/2008 11:01:37 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Web Server authorized local login successful from: 10.10.10.114 User: default</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/16/2008 11:01:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script: File not found: HomeWorksButton 1 - Press</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/16/2008 11:01:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iPhone </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device action: executed the Button 1 - Press function for the Laundry Room/Closet Hi Hat at [45 from default at 10.10.10.114</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/16/2008 11:02:44 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script: File not found: HomeWorksButton 1 - Press</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/16/2008 11:02:44 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iPhone </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device action: executed the Button 1 - Press function for the Office Office floor halogen at [36 from default at 10.10.10.114</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/16/2008 11:02:52 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script: File not found: HomeWorksButton 1 - Double-Tap</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/16/2008 11:02:52 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iPhone </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device action: executed the Button 1 - Double-Tap function for the Office Office floor halogen at [36 from default at 10.10.10.114</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/16/2008 11:03:24 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iPhone </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Triggering event Office off from default at 10.10.10.114</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/16/2008 11:03:24 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Office off"</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                                X