Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between iPhone for HS and Jon00's Webpage Builder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between iPhone for HS and Jon00's Webpage Builder?

If I want to access my HS functions from an iPhone/ iPod Touch- which way do I go to use it? iPhone for HS (Rover) or Jon00's Web page Builder App? What's the difference between the 2 oir ar they the same app?

Also- why would I want to use an App Store app (if it existed) vs the Web approach for control? I understand that HS itself is considering building some sort of HSTouch for Iphone app some day.

Thanks.

They all get the job done, but in different ways and looks. Rover is a very very lightweight app that doesn't offer much "eye candy". Jon00's app is a bit prettier. They both do the same basic things and that is control HomeSeer devices via a web interface.
    There are some that argue that a native iPhone app works better but at the end of the day they all do the same thing. The one nice thing about a native iPhone app is it allows the use of even more "eye candy" so this would be nice to have but iPhone/touch apps cost money to develop and deploy the web apps not as much or many are free.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X