Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using Rover / iPhone web interface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Rover / iPhone web interface?

If you are using the Rover/iPhone interface that Frank & Tom put together, please post here and let me know...

I've been working with the iPhone code a few days and enhancing a few things as well as make it HS 1.7 compatible... so far, so good. I have most things working perfectly on 1.7.

I will post once I'm done.

I wish Tom would respond as I have a few questions I know he could answer for me.

If anyone has mods you be willing to share please forward to me and I'll integrate.

I use it.
    tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

I use it too, great for slow GSM countries when roaming from home due to low bandwidth needs.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by alevey View Post
        If you are using the Rover/iPhone interface that Frank & Tom put together, please post here and let me know...

I've been working with the iPhone code a few days and enhancing a few things as well as make it HS 1.7 compatible... so far, so good. I have most things working perfectly on 1.7.

I will post once I'm done.

I wish Tom would respond as I have a few questions I know he could answer for me.

If anyone has mods you be willing to share please forward to me and I'll integrate.

I think Tom is up the hill from San Jose in Boulder Creek. I'll see if I can track him down through a business friend up there. Have you tried him on Facebook or Twitter? He's peppernicus on twitter. They've been pretty busy up that way due to the wildfires.

Ken

Comment

Using HS GUI with MS Mobile 6.X, 3G on an HTC phone. Back when I was still using the Edge network with AT&T/Cingular I would use Rover. I played with the iPhone application on my MS Mobile phone and it worked well. Zoneminder (camera software) has a mobile phone application which lets me do all including a multivideo montage mode. The newest Zoneminder mobile versions use an XHTML-MP interface based on XHTML Basic. It doesn't contain scripting or dynamic elements. I currently connect to HS using standard interface via my mobile phone and wouldn't mind testing a new or updated interface which would work for both the iPhone and MS Mobile.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
          HS4 Pro - V4.1.2.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.10.0.104
          HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

I use it.

I use the iphone, but don't use HS 1.7.

It has been very useful, and I'm thankful for the authors.

Comment

Originally posted by alevey View Post
              *appears in a puff of smoke*

Comment

hey aaron - can't PM you as your box is full.

-t

Comment

Tom,

Good to hear from you. First is was fires and then that crazy rainstorm last week.

Glad to see you're OK.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by bobwondernut View Post
                    hey aaron - can't PM you as your box is full.

-t
                    fixed my PM box

I have done a little moding on the iPhone4HS (as you might have seen here) and was hoping you could help with a few things.

Please take a quick peek and the mod'd code, the post of known issues on my thread, and let me know if you can help.

thanks!

Comment

I am using Tom's iPhone app (iphone.asp). Love it. Recently ran into some performance problems that seem to be related to Windows Live Mail client. Would like to get an update if one is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Leggiero View Post
                        I am using Tom's iPhone app (iphone.asp). Love it. Recently ran into some performance problems that seem to be related to Windows Live Mail client. Would like to get an update if one is available.
                        Try my updated version... I fixed a lot of bugs and updated some visuals (still not perfect but a lot better I think).

Here's another: It is an All-In-One version and much faster, It does require the user to do some minor editing of the ASP for your specific devices... it is really easy to do & for speed this is the fastest by far.

Let me know they work for you. Please post comments for each in their specific threads.

Comment

Working...
                        X