Who is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is?

OK, I know there are some scripts out there that can tell WHO is logged in, and who is accessing your server.

What I'm looking for is IN the VB of an ASP page, I'd like to know the IP address of the machine that has accessed THAT page.

I want to finish up my DVD collection page, and make it so that the telnet script that configures the media player KNOWS who to talk to when it gets fired off. IF I can make the asp page smart enough to do that, then I can have the script know which machine to play the movie on (i.e. if the wife's machine has chosen a movie, or if it was the HTPC, etc.).

I guess boiled down...is there VB for seeing the client's IP address?

Thanks!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

In ASP, it is: Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")

You may need to test this in HS's web server, though...
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

rmasonjr,

Thanks! Works in HS

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
      X