Using IIS - Maybe I'm over My Head Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using IIS - Maybe I'm over My Head Here

I've been out of the loop not only with HS but also with computers in general for quite a while. But, long story short, I've ended up with a backup site for work at home which gives me a nice server with plenty of internet and some static IPs for myself as part of the deal.

What I'm trying to do is get HSPRO 2.3.0.19 working with IIS7 on a server 2008R2 setup. Last time I did any of this sort of stuff I got HS 1.7 working under IIS and used simple old ASP scripting. I'm running up against IIS7, .NET and a million other new things all at the same time from a dead start and I'm barely keeping my head above water. Amazingly, at this point I have all my hardware up and running after finally figuring out how to "force" older drivers to run. HS is working beautifully with everything on it's own. IIS integration is the final bit.

I followed the instructions in the "How-To" section and it's pretty much been a failure. I can copy over the Global and Test files and comment out everything and get the site to load. The second I put the HS .DLL files into the BIN directory, the entire site dies. When I delete the .DLL files, everything starts working again.

I've got more digging to do and I need to figure out why I'm not getting any useful error messages when the site is dead with the .DLL files but I figured I would take a stab at someone bumping up against this problem already and being able to help with a direction to start looking.

Is there a reason you want to use IIS and not the HomeSeer web server?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm looking to be able to integrate HS with some existing sites of mine. I don't see that I will be able to put those sites under the HS web server so I'm looking to get HS to play nice with the existing IIS sites.

HS has a really great script ans scheduling setup that works well remotely. I would really like to keep that and use it.

Comment

Ok, move along. Nothing to see here. User error.

I needed to change the application pool settings to enable 32 bit applications. Once I created a new application pool and put the sites in it, the How-To instructions worked.

Comment

Working...
        X