Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmorton27
    replied
    Removing the "dim hs" did the trick. Now all I need to do is learn how to write asp instead of just taking a whack here and there.

Thanks for thee help

-rick

Leave a comment:

• tenholde
    replied
    I haven't done any coding under 1.7, and my web pages are all aspx. My guess is that you are not getting your reference to hs object properly.

In looking at rover.asp, which I just tried and it runs fine for me under HomeSeer 2.0, it looks like the reference to hs is globally defined and you do not have to define nor create it.

Try removing your createobject code for hs, and remove the: Dim hs code as well. Assume that there already is a global variable 'hs' defined and just use it.

Again, I'm largely guessing by reading the rover.asp code.

Hope this helps,

tenholde

Leave a comment:

• rmorton27
    replied
    I had commented out the offending lines while testing they are uncommented in the attached example.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rmorton27; March 26, 2010, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tenholde
    replied
    can you post more of your code? How do you define as set the value of hs

tenholde

Leave a comment:

• rmorton27
    replied
    They all work fine in 1.7 - I can set values and retrive them in 1.7. Same code in 2.4 errors. I suspect that my code is buggy but some how worked in 1.7 and the parsing engine was more rigerous in 2.4. The doc example in 2.4 for devicestring seems to be just as my code but I am likley missing something obvious.

-r
    Last edited by rmorton27; March 26, 2010, 08:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tenholde
    replied
    Is any hs. command working? I'd first suspect that you are not getting a good reference to the hs object.

tenholde

Leave a comment:

• rmorton27
    replied
    Its a homeseer devce - configured as status only device. I store user set values from the page in quesiton in them.
    Last edited by rmorton27; March 26, 2010, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    Is s26 something other than a string?

Leave a comment:

• rmorton27
    started a topic Moving HTML (asp) 2.4 from 1.7

Moving HTML (asp) 2.4 from 1.7

I have a couple of asp pages that I am moveing from 1.7 to 2.4 when I try to load them in 2.4 I am given ths error: "Script error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A01A8 text6=hs.DeviceString("s26")". The asp code seems pretty simple: text6=hs.DeviceString("s26")

The device exsits and t runs fine on 1.7.

Any clues?

-r
    Last edited by rmorton27; March 26, 2010, 04:40 PM. Reason: Added the space between the error and the start of my code.
Working...
X