Generic Handlers ".ashx"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic Handlers ".ashx"

Is it possible to use Generic Handlers in HS to answer xmlhttprequests?
    I have attempted this in two projects and get the same error each time.

When a xmlhttprequest is made to callback.ashx I get the following as a return.

HTML Code:
    "<p><i><b>Script Error:</b></i><br>File not found: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\HSM/callback.ash</p>"
    This is also found in the HS log.
    9/17/2010 11:48:28 AM Error Running script: File not found: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\HSM/Callback.ash

The first thing I notice is the file name is callback.ash and not callback.ashx.

This does work correctly in the vs2005 web server using remoting to HS, just not in HS.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Al

I think I found a similar problem when trying to use ajax and web services. Your best option might be to use IIS as your homeseer webserver.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Why not use aspx pages?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

because you can't for everything.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
          because you can't for everything.
          For example? I'm trying to see if I understand the ashx pages as well as I thought I did.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

So I guess HS doesn't support generic handlers then, for the moment I guess I can just switch the code to an aspx page and make sure to flush and end and the response.

I have always used handlers for this type of request, just seems like the right way to do things. I'm sure someone smarter than I can explain it in much better detail....lol

Al
            Last edited by AllenBad; September 18, 2010, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
              I think I found a similar problem when trying to use ajax and web services. Your best option might be to use IIS as your homeseer webserver.
              I do have IIS running on that server, but it seems like a lot of extra work to get everything running.....lol

Does everything work as usual or do you have to create all custom pages for HS?

The biggie, what's it take to access serial ports and stuff from IIS, as I recall that takes a bit to get worked out.

Thanks
              Al

Comment

Working...
              X