X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form post update displayed variables

Attached Files
    -Rick

What's the purpose of all the popup windows? Do these run the events? Why not directly control the events with hs.triggerEvent("eventName")
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

The popups display video feeds served from a stardot express 6 video server. I probably should have have snipped them from the code as they are not part of the issue I am trying to resolve. With my twisted english I may not have asked the quesiuton clearly... Did I?

-rick
      -Rick

Comment

Here is picture of the issue.

The image is not exactly the same page as my sample posted but it does share some common code elements. After pressing one of the 4 buttons that fire events the display for the HVAC mode remains the old value. Refreshing the page a 2nd time and the value will then reflect the right value.

-rick
        -Rick

Comment

Ah, I should have looked at the bottom of the page. It looks like you need to move your table showing the results below your asp code. This may fix this.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It doesn't seem to have any affect where the table/code is located. What I have done as a band-aid is to add a additional test when i am parsing the stats device string and I force it to a state based on the forms data.

If Request.Form("sVal1") = "Off" then mode = "Off"
            If Request.Form("sVal2") = "Heat" then mode = "Heat"
            If Request.Form("sVal3") = "Cool" then mode = "Cool"
            If Request.Form("sVal4") = "Auto" then mode = "Auto"

and force the display to the "right" mode. I wonder if its a timing issue that the web page is refreshing before the event has finished running? Is there some way to slow down the page refresh? Maybe something like a do while loop and compare the device last change date with now?

-rick
            -Rick

Comment

I have found a solution. hs.waitsecs 1 seems to cure all of my problems so I am presuming that my guess might have been right. Rupp - thanks for your help.

-rick
              -Rick

Comment

Working...
              X