HomeSeer webserver and aspx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HomeSeer webserver and aspx

I'm using VS2010 and the default output does not work with Homeseer. Has anyone done it. So far it complains that it is not allowed as a virtualdirectory, but I cannot find where to add the file. The documentation says to just drop it into the /html folder.

I'm good at C++/C# just havent done much with homeseer (YET!!).

Thanks in advance!

It may not be worth the hassle of piecing everything together. The HS Web Server is not 100% IIS. If you're set on creating web applications for HS, then you're better off running IIS alongside HS and grabbing a reference to do all of your coding. If not, then you will have to write 'vanilla' ASPX pages (i.e. no code-behind, ajax, etc.) and drop them into the html folder.
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

My setup pages for my HS plugins are developed/tested with VS2008 and then copied into the HS/html folder and run just fine including code behind (no AJAX).

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
        My setup pages for my HS plugins are developed/tested with VS2008 and then copied into the HS/html folder and run just fine including code behind (no AJAX).

tenholde
        same here
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

ah - thats good to know about code-behind working. I had just placed everything into the ASPX pages on the few that I've done - thanks!
          HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
          64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
          UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
          Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Thats useful, but do you put it in subfolders to keep it all tidy as I think I'm going to end up with lots of pages and sub code, so folders would be good. is this where its going wrong? I read somewhere in the documentation that this is what you shoud do.
            does anyonme have a good c# aspx bais page they can send my way please?
            Thanks.

I will also be working on an OWl poer meter api if anyone has done one or is interested in it?

Comment

Working...
            X