HomeSeer webserver and aspx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer webserver and aspx

I'm using VS2010 and the default output does not work with Homeseer. Has anyone done it. So far it complains that it is not allowed as a virtualdirectory, but I cannot find where to add the file. The documentation says to just drop it into the /html folder.

I'm good at C++/C# just havent done much with homeseer (YET!!).

Thanks in advance!

It may not be worth the hassle of piecing everything together. The HS Web Server is not 100% IIS. If you're set on creating web applications for HS, then you're better off running IIS alongside HS and grabbing a reference to do all of your coding. If not, then you will have to write 'vanilla' ASPX pages (i.e. no code-behind, ajax, etc.) and drop them into the html folder.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

My setup pages for my HS plugins are developed/tested with VS2008 and then copied into the HS/html folder and run just fine including code behind (no AJAX).

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
        My setup pages for my HS plugins are developed/tested with VS2008 and then copied into the HS/html folder and run just fine including code behind (no AJAX).

tenholde
        same here
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

ah - thats good to know about code-behind working. I had just placed everything into the ASPX pages on the few that I've done - thanks!
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thats useful, but do you put it in subfolders to keep it all tidy as I think I'm going to end up with lots of pages and sub code, so folders would be good. is this where its going wrong? I read somewhere in the documentation that this is what you shoud do.
            does anyonme have a good c# aspx bais page they can send my way please?
            Thanks.

I will also be working on an OWl poer meter api if anyone has done one or is interested in it?

Comment

Working...
            X