ASP Form Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP Form Question

I have created an ASP page that displays a page populated with an ACCESS database. One of the DB fields is 'Yes\No' type. I have figured out how to pull the data into the asp page, but I am can't figure out how to create a form that will modify the 'Yes\No' fields.

My stratigy is to use the form to modify the fields. I am butting my head against the wall trying to read the form. I am using the FORM method to input data and trying to use the Request.Form object to retreive the data that was modified in the form.
    PHP Code:
    <form action=""xmLookUp.asp"" name=""PickFavorites"" id=""PickFavorites"" method=""POST""
    Ok, the form name is PickFavorites. There are 81 checkboxes and I am looking for a way to iterate through these checkboxes and see which ones are checked and which aren't.

I have tried this and get a 'Object required error. Here is where it is choking.
    PHP Code:
         for i=1 to Request.Form("PickFavorites").Count
      Response
    .Write(Request.Form("PickFavorites")(i) & "<br />")

Next 
    If I use the Request.Form("xxx") where xxx is the name of the element it works. Am I missing something simple here, or is there some magic I need to do on the form wording?

thanks
    Don

Running out the door but try this:

PHP Code:
    <% 
        for 
    each x in Request.Form 
            Response
    .Write("<br>" " = " Request.Form(x)) 

next 
    %> 
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Same error msg.

While I'm whining (anyone listening? ) How do I structure a SQL statement that checks for a checkbox in ACCESS? Looked all over the web but still stranded.
      Don

Comment

The sql statement is Select * from table where column = true;
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, that did the trick. Now on to find a way to have an ASP page change that column.
          Don

Comment

Working...
          X