Can't connect to HS remotely with smartphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to HS remotely with smartphone

I found out recently that both my son's and daughter's (different brands) smartphones can't connect to my Homeseer system remotely (outside the local network). They get the username/password login prompts, but it doesn't accept them (keeps asking for them over and over).
    They can connect just fine if connecting through my local wifi network.

Anyone else run into this and solved this problem?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

What URL are they using? Is it your wan IPAddress?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      What URL are they using? Is it your wan IPAddress?
      They are using the same URL that I have always been able to connect with from anywhere in the world using a PC/laptop/netbook. Only these smartphones are unable to connect. And as I said in my original post, they are connecting just fine. Homeseer just won't accept the (correct) username and password.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Are there any errors in the HomeSeer.log file? Some of the portable browsers especially Safari do not cache login information and the web server sees this as an attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Are there any errors in the HomeSeer.log file? Some of the portable browsers especially Safari do not cache login information and the web server sees this as an attack.
          Nope, nothing in the log....
          Dick

Comment

Have you tried using a username and password that is known to work on another device?
            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
              Have you tried using a username and password that is known to work on another device?
              As I said above, I can connect fine remotely with any PC, laptop and netbook I have. Just not with either smartphone my kids have.
              Dick

Comment

What brands/models of smartphones are they? Probably not that important in the grand scheme of things but just in case anyone who has that phone and is looking at this thread they might be able to chime in and say if they have it working or not.

Whatever methods HS uses to log into the server I don't believe they are particularly complex, perhaps trying to find a similar page somewhere on the web with a login prompt to see if it was a problem with the browser rather than the HS server?

Comment

I had this issue with one of the dynamic DNS services, but all was well when I went to a different service.

I figured it out when I could connect with the raw WAN IP and a different DNS service.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                    I had this issue with one of the dynamic DNS services, but all was well when I went to a different service.

I figured it out when I could connect with the raw WAN IP and a different DNS service.
                    I'll have one of them try today with the raw WAN IP to see if that might make a difference. FYI, I use the free no-ip service.
                    Like I've said before, the really confusing part is that they can connect to the HS server OK, it's just that HS keeps repeatedly asking for a username and password.
                    Dick

Comment

Originally posted by RAM View Post
                      I'll have one of them try today with the raw WAN IP to see if that might make a difference. FYI, I use the free no-ip service.
                      Like I've said before, the really confusing part is that they can connect to the HS server OK, it's just that HS keeps repeatedly asking for a username and password.
                      As I stated earlier, this is an issue with the mobile Safari browser. Try another browser like Dolphin.

Comment

I connect fine with my iPhones and iPads. Quick question though - I tried to create a new user with a simple username/password combo since I have to enter it twice every time - and set the user as a 'Normal' user. For some reason it wouldn't let me connect remotely with that login. Does it need to be Local for it to work?

Second question - how do I remove my WAN IP from the blocked list? It locked me out after a few tried.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X