Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble getting IIS7 working with HS - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble getting IIS7 working with HS - Solved!

Hi,

I've followed the How-to (the global.asax and test.aspx files are from the how-to) and trawled the forums, but I am stuck.

I created a new virtual directory in IIS7 (running on port 88, rather than the port 80 that HS uses), and pointed it at HomeSeer's html directory. When I browse to localhost:88/test.aspx, I get:-

error BC30456: 'global_asax' is not a member of 'ASP'.

So I thought that probably means global.asax isn't being run. So after a bit more research, converted the virtual directory to an IIS7 application, using the DefaultAppPool which is configured to use .NET 2 and to allow 32bit applications.

Now the error is:-

error BC30002: Type 'Belikov.GenuineChannels.GenuineTcp.GenuineTcpChannel' is not defined.

Which implies something 'upstream' of global.asax is missing somewhere.

Can anyone point me towards the next step in getting this working?

The goal is to offload some of the ASP work I ask HS to do, so that HS can 'concentrate' a bit more on being responsive to immediate events and data crunching can be done elsewhere. So far I've fallen at the first hurdle!

Cheers,

Jon.

you must reference the homeseer dll files in your project.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, I tried all that. In the end I believe it was something wrong with my IIS install. When I moved my Homeseer install onto a 'fresh' VM it worked as per the how-to guides.

Remiss of me not to follow up my earlier post.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Working...
      X