contact homeseer in javascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contact homeseer in javascript

is it possible to get a command like hs.writelog via javascript to homeseer server ?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

i want to use hs.runex from javascript from a html5 page in the homeseer html directory , without asp or aspx.

i know vb.net i know c# i know javascript but vb script is just very confusing in writing when you are used to vb.net

in the scriting section from the homeseer userguide paragraph user supported scripts is mentioned that js scripts are supported, only i haven't seen them anywhere.

basically i wrote a html page, until now as asp page for three sliders to control RGB led lights. the page is controlled by javascript and homseer scripts addressed by vbscript.

it works with asp.

i dont know how to get three slider in the button column of homeseer for a device, so i made a html page.

and anticipating for the future android and ios browsers are more javascript compliant as vbscript.

for more complicated devices i think a complete html page is better as a few buttons in a device row

or do you now a way to get 3 sliders in a device row , which can fire events ?
      Last edited by wetlip; October 8, 2012, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wetlip View Post
        i want to use hs.runex from javascript from a html5 page in the homeseer html directory , without asp or aspx.

i know vb.net i know c# i know javascript
        If you know vb.net and C#, why don't you just use that?
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          If you know vb.net and C#, why don't you just use that?
          i was interested in the support of javascript for homeseer because it is mentioned as stated in the online homeseer userguide scripting section paragraph user supported scripts.

the page works with an asp page with vbscript as directive , but maybe their was a javascript way to do it.

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=970722
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

it think it is only possible with an asp page with vb or c# , if i use javascript as directive in asp page homeseer responds it cant run it.

Comment

Originally posted by wetlip View Post
                it think it is only possible with an asp page with vb or c# , if i use javascript as directive in asp page homeseer responds it cant run it.
                Correct - HS cannot run JavaScript code. JavaScript runs on the client (browser). The only way to have JavaScript interact with HS is with HTTP requests.
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                X